Chapter -3 arisu sakayanagi

3rd pov

Sakayanagi gives a monologue to Akira where she reminisces about her trip to the White Room with her father. Among the many children in the White Room, Kiyotaka Ayanokōji seemed to be the only one capable of calmly beating one opponent after the other in chess and was the only one to attract Sakayanagi's attention. Sakayanagi's father didn't want the experiment to succeed because its success will likely force many other children to suffer the same unfortunate fate as Ayanokōji, and the children will similarly not receive their parent's affection. Sakayanagi promised her father that she would defeat anyone from the White Room because she has the superior DNA she inherited from her extremely talented mother.

Her father also wanted her to accompany towards his old friend and his newly born child who was proclaimed a genius, she wanted to test herself against him but little did she know she didn't expect to meet a true genius like Akira, as she did with ayanokouji she quickly becomes more connected to him more than ayanokouji as Akira defeated her with ease

After she had met Akira, and Akira had defeated her in chess, she had begun to feel a certain emotion toward Akira. Arisu found herself alone in the multi-purpose room with Akira. Her heart was palpitating just from being in the same room as him. Every time she tries to steal a glance at him, her body can't stop itself from being attracted and has great difficulties turning herself away.

"Fufu, just like a maiden in love, isn't it?" Arisu said like a school girl in love

She knows she was a maiden in love and thoroughly enjoyed the newfound emotion from the bottom of her heart. It was revealed she couldn't sleep the night before and almost overslept due to the excitement of spending time with a genius like him. She stammered a bit since it was the first time having difficulty raising her voice for a while. Akira looked a bit troubled but replied, telling her that he meeting her was nothing but a coincidence in the first place. Arisu tells him that his meeting with her at this residence might have been a coincidence, however, she was convinced that she would again meet him someday. It was meant to be fate.

"Fate? Huh, what a bunch of nonsense." Akira proclaimed brushing it off.

"If this wasn't fate, what else would you say it was?" Arisu stopped Akira again with a question.

Arisu's father is going away. We forgot to play too much

" it's too late See you again Akira-Kun, " Arisu left.

" See you again loser shortie " I taunted arisu

Even if Akira didn't enroll, Arisu was confident that she would meet him one day. She was also a maiden in love with him. She had confidence that she could hide her anticipation deep inside her heart without rushing it. But she couldn't hold it back anymore. Inevitably she felt the days becoming longer and longer, knowing Akira was by her side. Her fight for suppressing that feeling has been quite tricky and hard to suppress. She truly loves Akira Fukuhara. She was thinking of him as her childhood friend, although selfishly, and was hoping for him and her to be closer. That's why Arisu couldn't stop the overflowing words of her own will. She was talking to Akira non-stop as if yearning for him, one topic after another. That calm look Akira gave Arisu and the sight of his pupils gave her more pleasure.

Arisu asks herself whether she is afraid of waking up from this dream of herself with Akira-Kun. She knows that when one wakes up from the dream and returns to reality, happiness will disappear for a moment. Fighting Akira and losing will result in despair. Whereas winning so easily that nothing is left other than disappointment. She couldn't overlook the chance that this could happen. But that was fine.

"Because dreams are things you are meant to wake up from. " She pondered

She asks Akira to fight with her with all he has got. Akira responds with a nod. At the same time, Arisu could begin to guess what he had in mind. The thing that kept Arisu from enjoying herself to the fullest was Akira's true identity. They then discuss about geniuses and how to entertain themselves out of boredom

Soon they realize that arisu has to depart

"Best regards, Akira-kun" She wished Akira

Arisu sent a greeting in his direction in a voice so low that nobody could hear. She suppresses the continuous throbbing of her heart and now it was time for her dreams will be realized

Arisu gives Chairman Sakayanagi's number to Akira. She said that she knew Akira might run into trouble one day and might need his number and assistance.

Akira pov

Arisu sakayanagi, I hope I can meet and battle you someday, you are interesting after all. Farwell my childhood friend.

3rd pov

That particular night, arisu didn't find it in herself to sleep due to the amount of fluffiness in her