Despair

A/N:As the author of this tale, I'd like to prepare you, dear readers, for the upcoming arc-Butterfly effect ARC. It will be a blend of horror and thriller, reminiscent of the unpredictable narratives that graced the screens in the early 1990s. Expect characters to shatter your assumptions, acting in ways you never thought possible. Their actions will blur the lines of morality, presenting a stark contrast to their previous demeanor. This will be a darker arc, full of suspense and mystery, yet laced with a touch of dark comedy. Prepare yourself for the unexpected and hold on tight as we plunge into this new chapter.

/

As Chiaki guided Akira through Class-D's room, he observed each individual in turn.

Kushida Kikyo, the seemingly cheery girl with her famous "Kushida-san's Smile," had her mask stripped away. Her facade of friendliness was now marred by frequent episodes of anger and desperation, her eyes gleaming with a dark intensity that made others around her wary.

Hirata Yousuke, who once held the position of the class's charismatic leader, seemed to have become more introverted. His usual vibrant, inspiring demeanor was replaced with an aura of melancholy and isolation. His normally infectious laughter was now hollow, and the spark in his eyes had faded.

Sudo Ken, previously the hot-headed basketball prodigy, had been expelled. His desk, now empty, served as a stark reminder of their harsh reality and the consequences of failure.

The clique of Karuizawa Kei, Hasebe Maya, and other girls was far less cheerful than before. Their girlish chatter had turned into hushed, apprehensive whispers, their laughter forced and lacking its previous warmth. There was an air of tension between them that was palpable.

The most noticeable absence was that of their homeroom teacher, Sae Chabashira. Her usual cold, impassive presence was replaced with a noticeable void. It was a reminder of the vacuum in their leadership and the chaotic state that their class was now in.

This was the reality of Class-D. Each individual was trying to grapple with their own problems, adjusting to the new dynamics, and finding their own footing in this chaotic environment. 

Horikita Suzune was the picture of stoicism, sitting straight-backed at her desk with her focus on the book in her hands, but even she was not immune to the changes. Her once unshakeable calm had been replaced by a noticeable restlessness. Her usual unwavering gaze now frequently flitted across the room, as if searching for someone or something that was amiss.

Hirata Yosuke, normally a rallying figure, seemed despondent and unresponsive, his usually charismatic aura nowhere to be found. His 'relationship' with Kei Karuizawa was notably strained, and he seemed to be distancing himself from the class.

Karuizawa Kei, who was known for her cheerfulness and optimism, seemed to have lost her spirit, often appearing distracted and desolate. It was clear that Kiyotaka's expulsion had affected her deeply. Her confidence had plummeted and she rarely participated in class activities anymore.

Kikyo Kushida, a popular girl in the class known for her charming and friendly demeanor, had become aloof and withdrawn. It was as if the light had been sucked out of her.

Airi Sakura, a usually timid girl who loved photography, had become more withdrawn and rarely spoke up in class. She was often seen hunched over her desk, staring blankly at nothing.

The changes were not limited to the girls. Rokusuke Kouenji, the egotistical, athletic genius, seemed to have turned even more inward. He was seen spending most of his time alone, hardly interacting with others.

Ken Sudou, despite his hot temper, had become more subdued, a shadow of his former fiery self.

Ike Kanji and Haruki Yamauchi, two of the "3 idiots of Class-D," seemed to have lost their sense of humor and their usual carefree attitude. They were quieter, more subdued, and often seemed lost in thought.