Helping a Friend and a Nightmare

I smile in delight as the picture comes along nicely once I switch my focus back to my drawing, sketching out Slender's head, and trying my best to shape it in a non awkward way thanks to the lack of features. It was weird to draw a head with no face, so in order to capture any facial expressions the head had to be drawn in just the right way. I hum softly as I work to make the head as natural looking as possible, pausing and setting down my pencil when my phone starts ringing beside me. I glance at my computer clock, shaking my head when I find it to be almost eleven. There was only one person who would be calling this late.

"Hello?" I ask after seeing that it was Ally's called ID.

"H-hey! Heeeeyyyy, Y-Y/N!" I hear Ally giggle into the phone through a few very unladylike burps. "This party was sooooo ge-great! Shoulda been there!"

"Hello drunkard. Let me guess, you need me to come pick you and some of your friends up?" I ask with a soft sigh as I hold my phone to my ear with my shoulder and clear away the things I was working on.

"How'd you knoooow?! You're like. Psychic or. Hmm, something," She slurs over the phone. "How do you do it miss smarty smart pants?"

"By being responsible and not drinking myself to death. I'm on my way," I tell her with an amused chuckle.

"Wait!" She cries out suddenly.

"Yes? What is it?" I ask curiously.

"I looooove you!" Ally giggles, earning a soft sigh from me.

"Love you too," I mumble before hanging up the phone with a shake of my head.

I close my laptop, setting my pencils and sketch book on the left side of my pillows before scooting out of bed. I usually slept on the right side of the bed because it was closest to the window so the left side tended to get cluttered with various things. I guess part of me felt a sense of security by staying close to the window and the bed was so big I had to do something with that extra room. I wasn't really sure but it was a habit that I had since childhood. I turn off my bedside lamp and head downstairs, grabbing my keys off of the hook beside the door before pausing as I realize I didn't even ask her where she was. I groan and go to the trash can, digging out the crumpled piece of paper, thankful I hadn't thrown anything nasty away, and smoothing out the paper to look at the address. Once I have it I head out to my car and drive to the party Ally is at.

I have to help support her and several of her friends to my car before driving all of them to her house so they can crash for the night. They all chat loudly and laugh about various things that happened at the party, some declaring they were ready to get out of this town. It wasn't small but it wasn't exactly big either, so it left a lot to be desired. It had maybe three or four restaurants that were locally owned, the nearest hospital was an hour away, although we did have a local doctor or two. I wasn't sure how good they were as I didn't really bother to ever go.

They asked too many questions and unless it involved the kids or my classes, I didn't like questions. My past was my business and I didn't need anyone to know it. I had one person that I trusted with my past but he was usually MIA unless he was working or bothering me for something. I smile softly at that thought as I pull up to Ally's house, helping support her to the doorstep.

"Thanks Y/N," Ally's parents say, shaking their heads as they move to help support their daughter. "I don't know what we would do without you."

"I've got a few more stragglers. Hope you don't mind?" I ask them.

"They can crash in the living room," Ally's dad assures, letting his wife take Ally to the living room before he exits the house to help me with the other drunk young adults.