Admiring

Your Pov

I yawn softly as I push myself up and out of bed, tensing for a minute before I remembering I wasn't in my own own room. It had been sacrificed to Sam and Sally. I get up and stretch out with a groan before swinging out of bed. I run my fingers through a mess of tangled hair, and hit the spare bathroom to fix my hair and add a bit of makeup before heading downstairs.

"Y/N!" Sally yells, tackling me into a hug.

"Hello Sally. You're up early," I laugh as I catch her in my arms. "How'd you sleep? Do you feel better?"

"I feel great and I'm all better," She giggles happily. "It's all thanks to you!"

"I'm glad I could help," I smile gently. "Is your dad awake?"

"Of course I am," Sam calls from my kitchen with a laugh.

"Aren't you supposed to sleep in on weekends?" I tease both, carrying Sally into the kitchen.

I pause with wide eyes and flushed cheeks when I see Sam cooking in my kitchen, completely shirtless. The pants I loaned him fit well, hanging off his hips with the desire to see more of what they were so carefully covering. My eyes slide upwards to admire his toned stomach, and then his strong chest. Desire makes me want to run my hands all over it. The muscles were well defined but he wasn't overly muscly or toned. He had enough of everything. What would happen if I slept in those very strong arms. How would it feel to feel protected at night? Never having to hold a gun under your pillow because you know someone is going to break in someday?

"Umm Y/N?" Sam calls out.

"Huh what?! Yes?" I ask, snapping out of my thoughts with wide eyes.

My cheeks blush even brighter when Sally giggles with laughter, feeling even more embarrassed. If I wasn't holding her I I'd probably run and hide out of embarrassment. If he realized he probably thought I was some schoolgirl with a crush or something!

"I said I hope you don't mind me making breakfast. It was the least I could do since you let us stay here," He says again, amusement evident in his voice.

It was almost as if he could read my mind! Shit, could he?! Was he one of those special people that seemed to know what people were thinking?! Ah! That was so embarrassing! No, no. You're being ridiculous Y/N. You were staring, so of course he had an idea of what you were thinking. Stop drooling over him and focus on what he was saying. I take a deep inhale of breath and shake away the thoughts in my head, looking up at Sam with a smile.

"Oh not at all. I'm happy that you made yourself at home," I tell him, knowing my face and neck were red hot from embarrassment.

"I knew you liked him," Sally whispers in my ear.

"Shush," I whisper at her with wide eyes. "Don't tell him!"

"What are you two whispering?" Sam asks, plating the food and glancing back at us.

"About how much we like pie!" Sally declares. "Daddy what's your favorite pie?"

I can't help but laugh at her response, smiling when she even gets a laugh out of Sam. My heart races with excitement at the sound, making me want to hear more of it. Even if it is a quiet laugh I still wanted to hear it again, maybe hear more! I want to hear the laugh he gets when he cries from laughter! The laugh so hard he has to clutch his side. The kind to make a girl's heart melt in her chest at achieving the ultimate goal when it comes to the 'cool' and 'withdrawn' man. Shoot! Stop it Y/N! He's probably married, not to mention you're not exactly all that good looking. He could find someone way better than you than some drug-dealer's daughter.

"Miss Y/N are you okay?" Sally asks, peering into my eyes with her big green ones after getting right into my face.

"Oh! Yes, I'm fine. I zone out when I'm hungry," I tell her with an embarrassed laugh. "I'm sorry about that."

"That's silly!" She laughs as I set her onto a chair before taking my own. "But that's okay! I just get grumpy when I'm hungry."

"I do that too sometimes," I tell her with a laugh.

"Here you go hangries. Eat up," Sam laughs, setting down the plates of food.

He settles beside Sally and in front of me before we all gladly dig into the food. Well, I do. Sam and Sally are a bit slower.

"This is absolutely delicious," I tell Sam between quick bites of food.

"Daddy's the best cook ever!" Sally declares as she digs into her plate as well.

"Oh I don't think so Sals," Sam says laughing, making me want to swoon.

"I don't know Sam, you might be. I've never tasted food quite like yours," I tell him with am excited smile. "It's absolutely amazing! I'd love for you to cook for me everyday!"

"Well thank you Y/N," He says, a light blush dusting his cheeks as he smiles. "I'm so glad you enjoy it."

"Daddy can I stay with Y/N today?" Sally asks him with big doe like ehes.

"Not today Sals. You need to go to the dentist," Sam reminds her. "We can't reschedule again or else your dentist is going to give me an earful."

"NO!" She screams, jumping down from the table and running away.

"Here we go again," He sighs, standing up and rushing after her.

I laugh softly and follow after the two of them. I follow them to my bedroom where they had stayed last night, Slender searching under the bed and through the room in hopes of finding Sally.

"Sals come on!" Sam calls out. "It'll be fine! It's just a cleaning!"

~~~~

Slender's Pov

I do my best to keep a straight face when I hear Y/N's thoughts, trying not to blush as she compliments my body. It wasn't like I didn't know I was attractive in my human form but to hear someone I actually liked thinking those words?! It was beyond exciting, I just couldn't believe it. I was surprised when her thoughts suddenly rang out loud and clear, having been able to even read her thoughts the moment I met her. It was a weird feeling not having access to one of the abilities I relied so strongly on! I tried not to use it on the mansion residents too often as it's unfair but it did come in handy a lot. I settle at the table once food is ready and served, enjoying watching Y/N enjoy my food.

"Daddy can I stay with Y/N today?" Sally asks me with big doe like eyes after we're finished eating.

"Not today Sals. You need to go to the dentist," I remind her. "We can'r reschedule again or else your dentist is going to give me an earful."

"NO!" She screams, jumping down from the table and running away.

"Here we go again," I sigh, standing up and rushing after her with Y/N in tow.

Leave it to Sally to cause a commotion. I know she didn't like the dentist just like she didn't like doctors. The only doctors she really trusted were Eyeless Jack and Doctor Smiley, but even then it took a whole lot of bribing to convince her for a check up. It was always the worst when she was sick because she absolutely refused to be seen by anyone except for me. Thankfully she hadn't experienced any super debilitating or life threatening illnesses but it was still worrisome thinking about the risk. It was absolutely necessary that she get used to doctors whether she liked it or not. He was glad she was throwing a fit because it made leaving pretty convenient as long as Y/N didn't realize it was still the weekend. No dentist is open on the weekends.

At least she was playing along if she did actually realize it. I didn't want to be rude and just leave but I knew Sally would be upset if I just used the excuse of wanting to leave. She wants to stay but she needs to realize that she can't just spend all her time with a human, especially when they barely knew her. How does someone as popular as her among most of the parents and kids have little to no information about her? It was worrisome to say the least, plus finding records of any parents had proven impossible......She claimed they were dead but he should have been able to at least find death records. She was hiding something, he just knew it. The question though.....

What is she hiding?