Accepting Nightmares

Your Pov

I give a pained groan, my hands clenching into fists as I peak my eyes open to the brightness around me, carefully blinking against the light before my eyes widen in surprise to the place that I find myself in. I was no longer in that hell of a room but this didn't feel right either. Was I dead? I didn't want to be dead! Was this some kind of weird limbo or afterlife place?

"What in the world? This can't be right," I mumble, carefully lifting my sore body from the floor before I travel through my old home, running my hand over everything as I go to the kitchen.

Everything felt so real! Where in the world was i? I quickly hide myself behind the wall with wide eyes when I see my parents go about their usual morning in the kitchen, grunting when a young me phased right through my body and runs straight for our father.

"I'm in the past?" I breathe, watching with tearing eyes and a light smile as I watch my usual childhood morning play out. "Oh if this is heaven I don't want to leave."

If I could stay and watch the happy memories forever I really would, especially if I really was dead like I believed I was. I chuckle as the usual banter between my parents plays out, stepping closer as familiar smells fill the air. Suddenly, a scream rips through the memory, my eyes widening as I spin around in search of the source. It wasn't coming from me.....I glance back at the happy memory playing out, tempted to just ignore the scream and play it off as an overlapping memory I wanted to avoid. I sigh when it happens again, taking one last look back before I run. I run from the memories and to the scream.

"MISS Y/N HELP!" Someone suddenly screams, my eyes widening in horror as I recognize Sally's voice.

"No," I breathe out in horror, picking up my pace. "SALLY! SALLY WHERE ARE YOU?!" 

"Y/N!" I hear her scream again, my eyes blurring with tears as I run.

Everything was fine but suddenly it was an absolute nightmare! Sally was in trouble somewhere and so couldn't find her! She was nowhere in sight and I felt like I was going crazy! I cry out when a sharp pain hits my chest, stumbling forward and catching myself on the ground. I gasp and cough out a bunch of blood, my hand coming to the pain in my chest. My eyes widen when I find Ash's knife, another scream from Sally echoing all around me. Was this what limbo was? Living both happy and miserable?!

"Y/N you're going to be too late. You better stop fighting now, because she's going to be long gone by the time you get here. Give up now," A voice calls, a dark laugh echoing around me as I desperately search for  Sally through her screaming.

"I'm not giving up! I can't. Not when she's on the line," I cry, tripping over my feet and driving the knife further into my chest when I fall.

I gasp in pain but keep pushing until my legs give out, my eyes widening when I see a small hand. I force myself to crawl to it and grasp it, laughing in relief as I clutch the familiar hand. I groan softly and force myself to crawl to her, managing to sit up before schooling Sally into my arms.

"It's okay, I've got you! You're gonna be okay!" I cry in relief as I hold her, gasping in pain as I look down at the knife in my chest.

"You're dead now miss Y/N," Sally giggles, twisting the knife and shoving it even deeper into my chest.

"S-Sally?" I manage to choke out as I fall backwards while hugging her tight, wondering if this might be the end as pain radiates my entire body.

"Do you hate me now?" She questions, her evil grin not even close to the little girl I had come to know.....but it did certainly match one I had seen many times on the Internet.

"How could I hate something that's brought me so much joy," I whisper softly as I hug her close. "You're going to make an amazing killer. Maybe even better than your father."

I gently cup her cheek and smile before giving her a kiss on the forehead, laying back down. If this was the end then it would be okay.

"Goodnight, Y/N," She whispers with a grin.

"Goodbye, Sals," I whisper softly, thankful I had at least gotten to say goodbye.

I'd rather die at the hand of Sally or even Slenderman over anyone else. Even if it would just I still didn't mind as long as it was them who did it. Sally's weight disappears and so does the knife in my chest, my body feeling heavy so I make no effort to even try getting up. My heart is no longer pounding in my ears, I no longer felt the need to breathe, and darkness was surrounding me. I sigh softly as I allow my eyes to close, giving in to the weightless feeling that surrounds me. There is no pain, no fear, just, nothing. Nothing but peace and quiet. I didn't know where I was and I didn't care either. I was finally at peace and there was no more pain.

I wince when a bright light suddenly shines against my closer eyes, groaning softly as I force them open and focus on the light shining above me. I don't feel myself tilt or fall but I'm suddenly on solid ground again and standing, still feeling at peace as I look to the light. It sss so warm and inviting but I'm still really hesitant to even try and go towards it even if it was warm and calming. Part of me wanted to go to the light but something else was pulling me back. I stand still as my kind and heart wad with each other on which direction I should go. If I went back it would be the bitter dreams but if I moved forward something told me I would be happy. I did want happiness after all but the pull felt stronger away from the light.

I simply stare at the light before I turn and walk away back into the darkness, everything silent as I travel forward. Darkness envelopes me, nothing seeming to be happening around me. I was still on solid ground instead of floating, reaching out my hands to make sure I didn't run into anything, especially a wall. Suddenly, my skin makes contact with something wood so I feel around until I grasp something cold and metal.

I recognize it as a doorknob and slowly turn it, opening the door and stumbling through when a strong wind suddenly blows around me strong enough to just shove me forward. I don't fall like I was expecting, however. No, instead I simply float as lights shine and twinkle around me. I reach out a hesitant hand, the light growing into a weird almost television like orb, a memory from my past playing inside. My eyes widen as I reach out and touch more of the lights, smiling softly at everything that comes up. Soon, I start searching for specific memories, trying desperately to reach the ones I wanted most. I gasp in excitement when Sally finally appears on the orb, hugging it close to my chest.

"I'll miss you," I whisper to her, the air suddenly constricting as all the lights go out at once.

I feel like I'm being crushed and there's no way out. No way for me to see those I wanted to see most. I guess......this really was the end.