Please Smile for Me

Sally's Pov

I pace in my room as I run a hand through my hair, my heart racing as I grit my teeth in frustration. Was Uncle Trendy right? Would Y/N really survive this?! I wanted to believe it! I wanted it to be true but.....what if it wasn't true?!  What if she was just laying there suffering in pain? Daddy said so himself, her body was getting cold and stuff even if there was a heartbeat! It was so faint....I take a deep breath and finally leave my room. It had been three days and there was no sign of Y/N waking up! I quietly slip through the halls of the mansion until I reach the infirmary, peaking inside and relieved when I don't see anyone. I close the door behind me and hurry over to Y/N's side, looking up at the heart monitor that was barely registering a pulse. I shake my head and cling into the hospital bed, a knife in my hand as I stare down at her chest. I didn't have the strength to look at her sleeping peacefully.

I didn't want to do this but I knew it was for the better! It was selfish to make Y/N's body fight when it was evident her soul had already left. My beloved teacher, the woman I wanted to call mommy, the person who loved daddy as much as I did......she didn't deserve to suffer like this! She deserved to finally be at peace and I was going to give it to her. I choke back a sob as I tighten my grip on the knife, taking a deep and steadying breath.

"I don't want you in pain anymore. It's okay to let go. You don't have to hold on anymore," I whisper, closing my eyes tight as I lift the knife in the air  and then slam the knife down towards Y/N's chest, my green eyes snapping open in shock when a gentle hand suddenly catches my wrist and keeps it from going any further.

"You know, even if it's just a knife you should never close your eyes when attacking. It leaves you open to be hurt and you might miss your mark, just like using a gun," A soft voice declares, a pink tendril rising from the bed to remove the knife from my hand before tossing it to the floor. Suddenly, a pair of familiar arms surround me and hold me tight.

"Y-Y/N?!" I gasp out, my eyes wide as I finally look at her.

I'm in for a shock when I see her, freezing from my surprise. She looked just like daddy and my uncles! She had a visible mouth and her eyes were a solid (E/C) to match when she was human, her flesh a pale white just like the others. She grins at me with a sharp toothed grin like Uncle Offendy has, my eyes wandering to the pink tendrils she had.

"You're not seeing a ghost," Y/N teases me.

"You're alive.....!" I hiccup, tears steaming down my cheeks as I hug her tightly.

"Those tears really don't fit something as beautiful as you. How can I smile if you're crying?" Y/N's voice softly whispers, her gentle hand rubbing my back as the other rests on the small of my back.

"You were dying and almost dead. What's there to smile for?" I hiccup, rubbing at my eyes with sniffles as I take deep breaths to calm myself down.

"I was almost dead. I'd like a smile so I know I'm not still living in a nightmare. Maybe this will help?" Y/N asks softly, reaching over to the bedside table and grabbing one of the first pictures I had drawn for her, my green eyes widening to the expression on her face. "They were using it against me. Sorry it's a little crinkled up but it's saved. You can have it back if you wanted."

"Nuh-uh. It was for you so you have to keep it," I hiccup, a happy smile coming to my lips. She smiles and sets it down before hugging me again. "You can never ever return my gifts!"

"People will have to fight me for them," Y/N declares, the smile evident in her voice as she squeezes me closer.

"You look so cool! I love your tendrils! They're pink!" I chirp with excitement when I pull back again, resting on her legs.

"Matches my favorite little girl," She smiles happily. "They feel so weird though."

"Extra limbs have to be hard to get used to," I tell her with a grin. "Guess I'll have to help you practice!"

"You sure will!" She laughs. "I can't wait. We're going to have a blast together and makeup for so much lost time."

"How do you feel?" I ask her.

"Stiff but fine," She assures me. "Thankfully nothing hurts anymore. How bad was it?"

"Awful. You looked like you got mangled by some kind of machine. I knew what we could do but for humans to do it?! It was shocking!" I explain. "It was scary and I thought you were dead."

"Nah, I'm a lot stronger than some stupid mafia boss. I kicked his ass good before I passed out," She explains with a grin. "So it worked out."

"You're so strong! I can't believe you survived what you did!" I tell her. "It's so amazing!"

"I just thought of you every time I was worried I wouldn't survive. You kept me going," She tells me. "I'm sorry if I scared or worried you."

"It's okay," I tell her. "You're safe and sound now and where you belong."

"Y/N!" A voice cries as the infirmary door is opened, Eyeless Jack rushing to Y/N's side. "No way! Is that really you?!"

"EJ......?" Y/N questions in confusion.

"Ah, right," EJ says, removing his mask and shifting  into his uniform. "Forgot I haven't gotten the chance to show you the real me."

"You jerk!" Y/N cries, giving him a playful punch on the shoulder. "So EJ is snort for Eyeless Jack huh?"

"Yep! It's human enough so I can get away with it," He grins as he shifts back into his pasta form but keeps his mask off. "Sorry it took so long to find you."

"I assume my phone and car keys ended up in the lake near their graves," I tell him with a sigh. "Such a shame too. I really liked that car."

"We can get you a new phone and car," EJ says with a laugh.

"Where's Slender?" Y/N asks, looking at both of us hopefully.

EJ and I look at each other before we grin and snort with laughter, earning a confused look from Y/N.

"Resting. His brothers forced his hand since he hasn't slept the past three days and made him sleep," EJ explains. "You don't mind do you? I can go and wake him up?"

"No, let him sleep," Y/N smiles, wrapping her arms around me again and laying back.

I giggle and shift carefully until I'm comfortable, my head resting on Y/N's chest as I simply let her hold me to her heart's content.