Not Wanted

"I just don't know that it's a good idea to keep her equipped with all of this," A female says softly, containing the same hair color as the little girls she was helping to get ready for school.

This was her child's first field trip and her baby girl was thrilled but she wasn't so sure.

"Honey don't worry about it," A male with the little girl's same eye color chuckles softly, zipping up his daughter's backpack and carefully sliding it on her shoulders before wrapping his wife in a hug and giving her lips a gentle kiss. "She'll be fine, this is just an extra precaution."

"Don't worry mommy," The young girl says, giving a large smile as she wraps her arms around her parents' legs, a giggle leaving her lips. "I remember everything you and daddy taught me. No one can defeat me!"

"That's right princess. You're daddy's super hero!" He grins, picking his little girl up and flying her around the house, both father and daughter giving innocent grins to the shaking head of the mother.

This happy family of three is the (L/N) family. They're a happy family with seemingly simple living. Misses (L/N) is a veterinarian and Mister (L/N) is a lawyer, both were excellent at their jobs, but the family is surrounded with a dark background. Both of (Y/N)'s parents come from a background filled with drug dealers, prostituition, and some of the darkest things you could ever think of. They both grew up in families involved in the mafia, both having met as kids and had been inseparable ever since. Mister and Misses (L/N) had no desire to be involved in the mafia any longer and left in their late teen years.

Unfortunately, their families were high ranked in the mafia and they had valuable information that could lead to discover, so they've been on the run ever since they got out. They stayed together and eventually got married, even getting to finally settle down in a big and busy city for a few years. In that time they'd had their beautiful baby girl who they absolutely adored. Life seemed to really be going in the right direction for once in their lives. However, as recent events would have it, they had unknowingly finally been found out by the Boss or Head Honcho, and he was not going to show any mercy. They were just waiting for the right moment to strike.

"Alright, alright, you two win. You're so much like your father it's a wonder you haven't broken any bones," Miss (L/N) laughs, helping her daughter from her husband's arms.

She makes sure her little girl's back pack straps are adjusted right before taking one of her daughter's hand as her husband takes the other before they begin taking their daughter to school. Little did they know that the day's events would prove to be cruel, and (Y/N) would experience her first battle with death himself.

Over and over again the same nightmare repeats inside Y/N's head. She was walking with her parents to school, excited for her first field trip......only for it to end in cold blooded murder and her having to fight for her life.

~~~~

Your POV

I jump awake with a gasp from the sudden dream, completely drenched in sweat from the nightmare. My entire body trembles hard as I clutch the blankets, hot burning tears streaming down my cheeks. Nightmares are something I'm used to. Cold and dark images your mind manages to conjure and it makes you wonder if you might actually be insane but memories in a nightmare? That was something I thought I was over long ago. It must be the effect of coming into contact with so many living nightmares in the flesh. I run a hand through my tangled mess of hair and look at my clock, sighing when I find it to only be three in the morning.

I try to wipe away my tears as I push out of bed and go downstairs, making myself a cup of tea in hopes it could calm me. I sit at the table and clutch the coffee mug in my hand as I stare blankly into the liquid, looking like the absolute mess I felt. We were officially on spring break and I've refused to so much as leave my house after stocking up on groceries for the week. Why should I bother going out anyway? No one needed or wanted me in the first place so I'll just do what made me feel most comfortable, even if it never came with peace. A grab my phone and open my messages, staring at Sam's contact before clicking the message button. I wonder how many were sitting in his inbox? How many have I sent?