Watch Your Back

Jeff's Pov

Me and Ben waste no time bolting upstairs and into Y/N's room. We feel around under the bed until we get to a loose spot, using my knife to wedge it down and pick up the board. We quickly snatch up the diary, not noticing the other things as we quickly open it to look through it.

"The hell?" I mumble in confusion as I skim through everything. "There's nothing here that explains anything! She lived a normal childhood?"

"It's so weird....she's all defensive but normal? We gotta be missing something ," Ben mumbles. "Let's look under that panel......"

"Did you hear that?" I whisper, the two of us going still before we look at one another with wide eyes.

We both scramble downstairs as fast as we possibly can, the both of us glaring at the human as he phone gets the automated message for the voicemail.

"Welp, can't explain myself out of this one," The human laughs.

Ben is quick to go over and snatch her phone from her hand, looking at the recent call.

"She was trying to call Slender......?" He trails off in confusion. "Why the hell didn't you just call the police?!"

"Well.....how am I supposed to explain this with a reasonable answer?" She asks with a shrug. "Besides, he'd be able to get here faster than any police officers."

"You pulled a dirty trick with your so called diary," I growl out.

"I did, didn't I?" She asks with a mischievous grin. "Not bad of a writer right?"

"Tch, you're really pissing me off," I hide, my hand clenching tighter around my knife.

"Relax Jeff, we don't want to kill her before we get answers," Ben reminds me.

"How many of you am I going to meet? Clearly I owe my life to a lot of people," She snorts with laughter. "Soooo, how much is my life worth at the money? Ten, twenty dollars? Well, more considering my savings."

"You do realize you're under our mercy?" I demand of her, not at all liking her nonchalant attitude.

"Mmmm, and yet you've done nothing?" She points out. "So, why should I be scared?"

I snarl and leap at her, sending the chair tumbling onto the floor. The human's head snaps against the hard tile as my hands wrap around her throat. Her teeth grit as she tries to hold out and not show him any weakness but eventually her body is craving oxygen. Watching her face go blue had his instincts on high alert. He could kill her! Suffocate her or just snap her damn neck all together! He was right there!

"Jeff, get off!" Ben yells in a panic, but I don't hear him.

"Jeff!" He shouts again.

"WHAT?!" I snarl, jerking my head back to glare at him. "Just let me finish the damn job!"

"BUT!" He tries to protest.

I don't listen, Y/N was coughing after inhaling breath during my distraction, her eyes wide as I squeeze once more. She desperately kicks with her legs, trying to drive her knees into my back but I pay no attention. I would complete Slenderman's job for him! I yell in surprise when I'm suddenly ripped away from the human, yelling in frustration as I try to turn and swing at whoever had me. A groan when I'm then slammed to the floor, a familiar feeling wrapping around my wrists to keep me pinned, my knife clattering to the floor. Hard pants leave me as I'm forced onto my knees, tilting my head back to stare at Slender.

"Why did you stop me?! I was close!" I hiss, grunting in pain when my head connects with someone else's. "Ow! The fuck was that for?!"

"I'm sorry, Slender. We wanted to get more information for you! You've been so busy with work," Ben reasons, rubbing his sore head where we had connected.