Dress-Up With Sally

Your Pov

"Alright Sally it's just you and me today so what would you like to do?" I ask her after I finish cleaning up the classroom once everyone has filed out.

"I don't know," She tells me, pausing her coloring to look up at me.

"You don't know? If we could do anything what would you want to do?" I ask her with a smile.

"Hmmm, dress up?" She asks me with hopeful eyes.

Sally's Pov

"Hmmm, dress up?" I ask Miss L/N hopefully.

No one else in the mansion liked to play dress up with me unless they were forced to or it was Uncle Splendy. Daddy would do it too but he was always so busy I tended to feel bad asking him! So, I would just play by myself with Mr. Death. It was fun but not quite the same as playing with someone else. Uncle Splendy always played with me whenever I asked but he had his own life outside of the mansion so he couldn't play with me all the time.....

"Why of course my lady," She tells me with a deep bow.

"I call being the princess! You get to be my knight!" I giggle, running to the classroom with all of the toys and costumes.

I heard from other kids that when it's raining or snowing really hard we would use this classroom as our recess or the gym. Sometimes we'd mingle with the students from other classrooms and one teacher would watch us in the gym while the other would watch us in this classroom. I think it was called the Drama Classroom or something? We love being in here and we're getting ready to make a play for homecoming week. It was going to be so much fun! There would even be a fair, games, food, everything and I couldn't wait!

"So, what is her highness's first request of her royal guard?" Miss L/N asks me with a grin.

"We gotta get dressed first!" I laugh, hurrying over to the props and selecting a few things.

I slip on of the dresses over my clothes and find a tiara for my head. Then I get Miss L/N a play sword and a sheriff badge. She was a knight but other than a sword there wasn't much else in there so the sheriff badge should show she's important! I smile and walk back to her, handing her the props.

"Sorry all they have is a sheriff badge but we'll have to make it work!" I explain to her, hoping she wouldn't reject the idea all together.

"Absolutely! I think it works!" She tells me with a grin.

"Yes!" I squeal with excitement, growing so excited I hug her legs. "Shoot! I'm sorry!"

I jerk back and back away from Miss L/N, tears filling my eyes as shame overtakes me. I didn't even ask permission first! I just got so excited....She was going to hate me now, I could feel it. I flinch in surprise when when a hand is gently placed on my shoulder, my eyes downcast. I'm able to see Miss L/N's legs as she kneels in front of me, completely unsure of what I should do. Why was she being so gentle? Wasn't she mad?!

"Sally," She speaks softly. "Come on, look at me."

I grit my teeth and give a hard shake of my head as I form fists with my trembling hands. Just don't look. If I didn't look I won't have to see her mad at me. I would just stay like this until she decided she was tired of it. Jeff would be here eventually so I just needed to not get into even more trouble. Suddenly, two strong but comforting arms wrap around me and I'm pulled into a hug. My eyes widen as I finally look up, my gaze over Miss L/N's boulder as she holds me. She had adjusted so I wasn't leaning in an uncomfortable position. She felt so warm....I ease my arms away from my sides and throw them around her neck, hugging her closer to me as I bury into her shoulder. The tears are chased away and replaced with content as I hug her as close to me as I can without using my full strength.