Intro to the Sports Festival

Killua pov

We were sitting in class, all of us in our own conversations. Mostly about the USJ incident.
Iida then came walking really fast into the class and told us to take our seats.

Killua: "But we are." I called from the back.
Gon: "Your the only one standing." He said, beside me.

Iida took his seat mumbling "damn it", and Gon turned to me.

Gon: "Who do you think will teach us today?"
Killua: "Not sure. Aizawa is still recovering." I replied.
Just then, Aizawa walked through the door, covered head to toe in bandages.

Class: "Mr.Aizawa! Are you ok?"
Aizawa: "My well-being is irrelevant. What's important is that your fight isn't over yet. The UA sports festival is about to start."

The class let out a sigh of relief, happy that it wasn't bad guys.
'UA sports festival? What's that?' I thought.

Kirishima: "Let's go kick some ass!"
Denki: "Wait a second." He interrupted.
Jirou: "Is it really a good idea to hold the festival right after a villain attack?"
'What is the festival??'
Aizawa: "Apparently the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer then ever. Plus they're beefing up security compared to past years. This is huge opportunity for you students, it's not something we can just cancel."
Gon: "Excuse me, but what is the UA sports festival?"
Kirishima: "What?! How do you not know?"

I panicked internally. 'I guess this is a big deal.'

Killua: "Me and Gon aren't from Japan. So we aren't familiar with UA traditions, like this sports festival thing." I said.
'I think that's the first thing I said that's 100% true.'
Aizawa: "Anyone care to explain to Gon and Killua?" He asked tiredly.
Deku: "I can. The sports festival is where classes from first to third year compete in different challenges. They're randomly chosen, and it's a place to show off your quirk and get scouted by hero agencies."
Gon: "Oh I get it now! Thanks Midoriya."
Momo: "I'm surprised you guys didn't know. The UA sports festival is one of the most watched events in the world. Even more popular then the olympics since quirks appeared."
Gon: "Oh, well I guess I never realized. Sorry." He sounded embarrassed, unsure what to say.
Aizawa: "Don't worry about it. If you're someone who likes competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA sports festival."
Momo: "And top hero's everywhere will be watching."
Gon: "I see." He looked a bit nervous.

I nudge him and put my hand to my desk, using nen to talk.

Killua: "Can we talk after class?" Gon nods and class continues.

We talked about what happens to people after getting scouted and why this festival matters.
After class, me and Gon were walking down the hall. I heard Deku calling to us.

Deku: "Hey, wait up!" He ran up to us and we continued walking with Deku.

Killua: "Hey Midoriya. What's up?"
Deku: "I saw - well it's hard to explain - but I saw you, Killua put your hand on your desk then Gon nodded. I was wondering what that meant."
'Oh shit! He saw that?! Man he's perceptive.'
Gon: "Oh, we'll Killua just wanted to ask me a question."
Deku: "Huh? What do you mean?"
'Gon! Your a genius!'
Gon: "Yeah, do you want to explain, Killua?" I knew the excuse Gon had in mind, so I explained the lie, hoping it was believable.
Killua: "Sure. It's our own secret language of sorts. The meanings varies depending on what position our hand is in. For example, what you saw was me needing to ask Gon a question. There's also one for wishing each other good luck, or congratulating each other. That sort of thing."
Deku: "That's actually really cool! Where did you learn it?" He asked curiously.
Killua: "We made it up."
Gon: "Yeah, after our friend was killed, we made it so that if we were ever in a sticky situation and couldn't talk, we still had a way to communicate without looking suspicious."
Deku: "Oh wow! Could you teach me?"
Killua: "Maybe in the future. It's hard to memorize everything. And we have to focus on training for the sports festival." He nodded and we kept walking.

We found Iida and Uraraka and started talking to them, and we asked each other why we wanted to become hero's. Iida said it was because of his family, Deku said he wanted to be like All Might. Uraraka wanted to make money to help her parents.

Iida: "So, why do you two want to become hero's?"
Gon: "Because they seem cool! And I want to help people. I have a powerful quirk, so why shouldn't I use it for good?"
Killua: "Same reason as Gon. And because of my family. They've wanted me to take over the family business for a while. But honestly, I can't stand it. Who wants their whole life mapped out for them? They still have my other siblings, so it's not that big a deal that I left."
Uraraka: "So your becoming a hero because your stubborn?"
Killua: "Haha, I guess your right."
Iida: "Wait hold on, family business?"
'Shit. I said that out loud.' I realized.
Iida: "I thought you said you weren't sure what your family did."
Killua: "Well I know they own a business, what they do in the business, I don't know. I asked once, but it was so boring that I forgot."
Iida: "Oh, I see." He sounded doubtful.
'That was a terrible lie. But if I act like it's true, then maybe they'll believe it?'

We kept walking together until we went our separate ways and went home.

Killua: "Gotta say, Gon. That lie about our hands was really smart." I said as we walked on the sidewalk.
Gon: "Thanks. I made it up on the spot, I'm glad it worked. So what did you want to ask me about?"
Killua: "Where in the sports festival are you going to aim for? I mean, in terms of winning or loosing."
Gon: "I'm aiming for the top, obviously. Why? Are you not?"
Killua: "I feel conflicted. You do what you want, but we're not from this world. What if Alluka comes back, and one of us just won the whole sports festival?" I was worried if one of us won and Alluka came, it would feel like stealing the spot from someone who is actually from this universe.
Gon: "I don't understand your point. If we live this life in this new world treating everyday like it's going to be our last, we won't have any fun. So I treat everyday like we're staying here forever. And if Alluka comes to take us home, then at least I made fun memories here."

When he said that, I don't know how to describe it. But I felt like my eyes where opened. He's so bright, sometimes it's hard to look at him. I like his point of view on things.

Killua: "Wow, your right Gon. I feel silly now." I awkwardly giggled.
Gon: "Don't be. You said you were feeling conflicted after all."

We got home, and trained our nen. 'I wonder what Biskey is doing.' I thought.

(I put a lot of thought into the last challenge, with the 1v1 matches. Unfortunately I had to exclude 2 characters from class 1-B, I'll explain more when I write that chapter. Have a good day!)