Sports fest. Pt.5

Killua pov

Gon and I sat beside each other while Momo and Tokoyami fought. Gon wanted to talk to me about our abilities and what we think are safe to use. We sat in the back row and used nen to communicate.

Gon: "I think it's ok to use my paper attack. It will be easier to attack from a distance."
Killua: "Yes. I think so too. Im sorry I was being overly cautious when we first got here."
Gon: "Don't worry about it. What about you? Are you going to show off anything new?"
Killua: "Not sure, but I've been thinking about showing off the Rhythm Echo."
Gon: "Now's the time to show off our moves. That way hero agencies will want to recruit us, and our class doesn't know about them yet."
Denki: "What are you two pointing at?"

We have been pointing our fingers when using nen, and looks like Denki noticed.

Gon: "Oh! Uh.."
Killua: "It's our secret language. We talk by using our hands, and the meaning changes depending on what position our hand is in."
Momo: "That's a genius way to talk! How does it work?" I didn't even realize she was here.
Killua: "Woah! When did you get back?"
Momo: "I've been here since I lost my fight with Tokoyami. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu are fighting now."
Killua: "Oh, sorry. I didn't realize."
Gon: "It's complicated, our secret language. Lots of meanings and gestures... anyway let's keep watching the fight!" Gon quickly tried to change the subject, and our friends took the hint and didn't ask any further questions.

——————————————

It was now the end of the first round of fights.

Gon: "Bakugo sure didn't hold back on Uraraka."
Killua: "Yeah, he's strong. For a rookie. Prepared to fight him?" I asked Gon who sat beside me.
Tokoyami: "You say that as if my loss has been decided." Tokoyami looked at us, we sat behind him.
Gon: "He didn't mean it like that! But if I do win and have to fight Bakugo, then yes I'm ready. But if I lose, then-"
Bakugo: "He gets the point, wannabe." Bakugo said in an annoyed tone.
Gon: "Oh. Yeah."
Killua: "Don't talk to Gon like that, Sparky." I said to Bakugo who sat a few seats away.
Bakugo: "You wanna go?!!" He yelled at me.
Killua: "Yeah, for a while now. But let's wait until after the festival so I can beat your ass without any teachers watching." I look at Bakugo and he looked as pissed as ever.
Gon: "Ok, calm down you two." He said and put his hand and my shoulder. "Besides, he'll be to busy recovering after I'm done with him." I laughed.
'As pure and sweet Gon is, he sure has his dark side.'

So we stayed seated and watched the next round begin. Bakugo was still pissed.

—————————————————

Todoroki won his fight against Deku. 'What was he thinking? If he doesn't want to use his left side, then let him be!' Gon nudged me, he must have known what I was thinking because he used nen and explained what he overheard Todoroki tell Deku when he went to grab a snack, about how he got that scar and about his dad.
The next round was me vs Iida so I got up and walked into the ring. (I still don't know what to call it other then 'the ring' is there a special name for it or...)

Mic did the introduction and began the match. Iida charged straight at me, he must have not wanted me to have time to dodge or react, but I activated my ability faster then he could reach me. I did what I now call "Denki style" and sent my electricity everywhere, Iida got caught in my circle of electricity but tried to endure the pain as he tried to get closer, but couldn't even take a step forward. I quickly got behind him and chopped the pressure point in his neck, and he passed out.

Midnight: "Iida has been knocked out. Killua wins!"

I put my hands behind my head as I walked out of the ring.

Mic: "Killua wins by chopping Iidas neck! How is that possible?"
Aizawa: "It's a pressure point. Hit it and you knock your opponent out. Your a pro hero, I thought you knew this."
Mic: "Cmon, I'm just trying to add some mystery."

————————————————

Gon pov

The next match was mine, and I was fighting Tokoyami. Killua gave me some advise, he said that Dark Shadow might have a weakness towards light, so I plan to test that theory out.

Mic: "Let this next round, begin!"
Tokoyami: "Dark Shadow!" He summoned his quirk.
Dark Shadow: "Right!" Dark Shadow came for the attack.
Gon: "Show me rock!" I added more power to this one. Yes it wastes time, and I can't move very well, but it generates a lot of light.

Tokoyami pov

When Dark Shadow tried to get in close, Gon used his quirk but didn't fire it right away like he usually does. Instead he let it grow, building up power in his fist. This was Dark Shadows chance to get him!

Tokoyami: "Go Dark Shadow!" I ordered. But Dark Shadow didn't want to get to close. 'His quirk must be giving off to much light. Does he know Dark Shadows weakness?'
Gon: "Jan, Ken..."
'Is he going to punch from there? But I'm to far away, it won't reach me!'
Gon: "Paper!"

I dropped my guard to soon, because he blasted that energy right at me! 'Since when could he shoot his quirk?!'
Tokoyomi: "Protect me!" I ordered Dark Shadow.
Dark Shadow: "Ok!"

But it was no use, that blast was a lot stronger then the previous ones, and even though Dark Shadow took the hit, it still sent me flying back, out of bounds.

Midnight: "Tokoyami is out of bounds. Gon wins!"

——————————————————

Gon pov

I got back to the balcony where my class is, Tokoyami wasn't far behind me.
I was standing in the back row about to walk down the line of chairs to meet Killua, but not before my classmates asked about my new move.

Kirishima: "Dude! That was crazy! Since when could you do that?!"
Gon: "Since... ever?"
Deku: "Just out of curiosity, why didn't you show us that before? And how does it work? You said paper, so does rock mean a punch and paper mean a blast?" Deku took out his notebook and started writing and mumbled to himself, even though I hadn't answered any of his questions.
Gon: "Well, it's the same reason Iida didn't show off his Ricepro Burst until now. Speaking of, where did he go?" I asked, looking at the rows of seats.
Uraraka: "He had to leave, he said he had somewhere urgent to be. He didn't say why though."
Killua: "Speaking of showing off new moves, I think I'm going to show off the Rhythm Echo in my next fight." Killua smirked while looking at Todoroki.
Deku: "Ooh, that sounds cool! What is it?" Killua turned his head to look at Deku.
Killua: "You'll see." He leaned back while still facing the others, and he had a look of pure confidence on his face.
Killua: "But I'll tell you now that it's not part of my quirk. It's a fighting technique I learnt back home." He told our class.
Deku: "You know, you both seem really skilled at fighting. Who taught you?"
Killua: "My parents taught me everything I know."
Gon: "I had teachers who trained me, but I'm also naturally talented." I tried not to sound to cocky.
Deku: "Your lucky Gon. And Killua?" Killua looked at Deku.
Deku: "....Never mind. I'll ask you later." Killua looked confused but didn't ask.
Todoroki: "Well, looks like it's our turn to fight, Killua." He got up and walked past me.

Killua and Todoroki left without saying another word and I sat down.

Bakugo: "Hey Gon, have you seen this 'Rhythm Echo' thing before?" Bakugos question drew the attention of my classmates again.
Gon: "Yes, and it's really cool! You'll see."

(This chapter was getting long, so I have to end it here. Killua and Gon are being more open about themselves and their abilities, what do you think about that? Also, if you read the original ending for the obstacle course, Killua won. But I changed it so that Gon won. Anyway, have a good day!)