First Step Towards Forgiveness

(Hello, long time no see. I've been feeling really bad for not updating in so long, and I hate making you wait for this long. At the time of this chapter the war arc is still going on, but I feel like it's coming to an end. I've had an idea for a chapter but wasn't sure how to fit it into the story, but I think I finally have it figured out! This chapter takes place a few days after the Chimera invasion. Also the picture on top has nothing to do with the story, I just thought it was cute. Hope you like it!)

Killua pov

Killua: "Why am I here?"
Denki: "Because why not? You need to get out more!"
Killua: "You're starting to sound like Gon."

Today was a beautiful sunny afternoon, not a cloud in the sky. Deku wanted to take the day off to finish resting before we leave to fight AFO, so Denki dragged me out of the dorms to patrol the Evacuee residential area.

Denki: "Cmon Voltage, it's not that bad. Besides, our friends wanted to meet somewhere around here so we could go train a little more. But before that, let's get some patrol in!" He said as he walked in front of me. People turned their heads to look at us as we passed by shelter after shelter. He really did look like a pro with his hero costume.
Killua: "Please just call me Killua." I said and I gazed at the ground.
Denki: "Why? We're on duty." He turned his head to ask me.
Killua: "You can call me Voltage when I start wearing my hero costume again." I replied. I was wearing my usual turtleneck outfit. I've now been using that as a substitute for a 'hero' costume.
Denki: "And when will you start wearing your hero costume again?"
Killua: "When I've earned the title 'hero' again. Which by the looks of things, won't be any time soon. Maybe never again." I told him, still looking at the ground.

Denki was quite for a moment. We entered an area where some people were eating, others were just taking a walk, and a few were carrying supplies.

(For reference, this is what the residential area looks like, and Killua and Denki just entered the area the bottom panel is showing but with less people and during the day

(For reference, this is what the residential area looks like, and Killua and Denki just entered the area the bottom panel is showing but with less people and during the day.)

Denki stopped walking and looked at me.

Denki: "Look, I understand how you must be feeling." He started to say.
Killua: "But you don't. I'm trying to be better, I'm trying to help out, but everyone avoids me. No one's giving me a chance to try." I told him.
Denki: "The pro hero's are. Same with that family you saved." He pointed out.
Killua: "Fine, almost everyone."
Denki: "The hero's are already treating you like a hero, so stop worrying, your allowed to wear your hero costume!"
Killua: "Hero's can't title me a 'hero'. I'll only wear my hero costume again when the public has forgiven me for everything I've done. Not like that'll ever happen though." I told him. 'And even then, Aizawa and the teachers in the faculty are the only ones who treat me like a hero. The rest of them are like the civilians.'

Just then, the Bakusquad came up to us from behind Denki.

Kirishima: "Hey dudes! How's it going?" He asked with a smile on his face.
Denki: "I'm alright, what about you guys?"