Sports fest. Pt 3

(I'll just say now, I don't know the difference between Ren, Ten, and the others. I only know En, Gyo and Zetsu. Zetsu is used to hide your presence right? Anyway, I think there is a special name for enhancing your strength or focusing nen in one spot like how Gon does it with Jan Ken. But until I figure out those names and meanings I'm just calling it nen. Please correct me if you know the names and meanings)

The first challenge was over. Gon came in first, I came second, Deku third, Todoroki, Bakugo, and so on. There were around 40 of us who qualified for the next round.

Midnight: "Prepare for your next test! A cavalry battle!" Midnight announced.
Gon: "What's that?" Gon whispered to me.
Killua: "Not sure. Midnight will explain."
Midnight: "Those of you at the top will suffer the most. Of course that's something you'll hear over and over at UA. Show us what plus ultra means. Gon Freeces placed first, he'll be worth 10 million points!"

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the point system. I hope you readers watched mha, if you haven't, why are you here? Anyway, as I was saying...
Midnight explained the rules, I'd go into detail but the writer doesn't have the patience.
We were given 15 minutes to form teams.

Gon: "Well looks like it's you and me right now, let's see if anyone else wants to join." Gon suggested.
Killua: "Yeah, ok."

We talked strategy until a girl came up to us.

Hatsume: "Oh good, your still alone. Team up with me person in first place!!"
Gon: "Sure! What's your name?" He stepped back surprised by this girls enthusiasm.
Hatsume: "Perfect! I'm a student in the support course. The name's Mei Hatsume."
Killua: "Why do you want to join us?" I asked suspiciously.
Hatsume: "I'd like to use your fame to my personal advantage. If I'm with you, then I'll be in the spotlight, then my babies will be seen by the big companies and me and my marvellous gadgets will be seen by the CEO's looking for recruits."
'Well that's straight forward. But I appreciate the honesty.'
Killua: "Ok, here's we've been thinking. Oh, by the way, I'm Killua and this Gon." I introduced us.
Hatsume: "Lovely to meet you! Now fill me in!"

———————————————————

Our 15 minutes were over and we waited for the next challenge to begin. Since it was a cavalry battle, Gon was infront, Hatsume was behind him, and I was the rider.

Killua: "Let's try to avoid a fight, it's the best way to not get our headbands stolen." I instructed.
'As if anyone would be able to steal it anyway.' I thought while looking around.
Mic: "Let the cavalry battle begin in 3, 2, 1. Begin!!"

Almost instantly, teams like Todoroki and Bakugo, and teams from 1-B came charging at us.

Gon: "Alright! Let's get outta here!"

Gons speed was almost to fast for Hatsume to keep up, but she had her gadgets to help.

Gon: "We got away!"
Killua: "Don't jinx it, idiot!" But it was to late. The ground began to soften like quicksand and we started sinking.
Gon: "What the-!"
Killua: "I told you!"
Hatsume: "Never fear, my babies will get us out of here!"
Gon: "I can get us out, but can your gear keep us in the air?" Gon quickly asked.

Before Hatsume responded, Gon focused nen in his feet and launched us out of the softened ground! Hatsume's gear kept us high in the air out of harms reach. Or so we thought.

Bakugo: "Get back here losers!" Bakugo yelled, he jumped of his horses (teammates) and used his quirk to chase after us, and he was catching up fast.
Killua: "Damn it! It's Bakugo!" I yelled to Gon.
Bakugo: "I'll be taking those points now!"
Killua: "I don't think so!" I yelled, then sent a bolt of electricity at him. He passed out and started falling, but Sero caught him with his tape.
Mic: "Woah! Killua shows off a deadly demonstration of his quirk, but is what Bakugo did even allowed?"
Midnight: "He didn't touch the ground, so technically it's ok." She clarified.

We landed back on the ground and kept running. But then we suddenly stopped.

Killua: "Hey don't stop! Tetsutetsu's team is right in front of us!" I pointed to the team charging at us.
Gon: "I'm stuck! One of Mineta's balls! Hold on, I'll get us out. Hold on tight you two!"

In the background I heard Mineta say "Ha, nothing is strong enough to break free from my balls!" I held in a laugh. 'You should be more careful yelling something like that. It sounds weird out of context.'
Gon sent nen to his feet again, I held onto Gons shoulders and told Hatsume to get ready. Then Gon dived to the right, just as Tetsutetsu's team almost got us. We were a good distance away because of the nen boost, but there was one problem. Now we had Todoroki's team to deal with. We tried to get away but Todoroki blocked our path with ice. He cornered us so we got ready to fight.

Hatsume: "Oh no, my babies! They broke!" Hatsume said in a panic.
Gon: "Oh no, I'm so sorry!"
Killua: "Hey guys, when they come to attack, I'll stun them then you get us out of here." I said quietly so the other team couldn't hear.
Hatsume/Gon: "Ok." They agreed.

We stayed on Todoroki's left side, that way he'd freeze Iida if he tried to attack.
I heard Iida say how he's going to do something that'll make him useless to his team. I looked at Gon.

Gon: "Get ready." He said with nen, so I did. That's when Iida used a move I've never seen before.
Iida: "Ricepro Burst!" And he came right at us!

A normal person wouldn't have had time to react, but I saw him charging at us and my reflexes took over. I ducked just in time and took this opportunity to take Denki's headband as they passed while using electricity to stun them. My team ran forward and I looked back at Todoroki's team. I didn't want to risk getting disqualified (because of the making teams fall on purpose rule) so I didn't shock them enough to knock them out, but it did paralyze them for a minute. Speaking of knock outs, Bakugo had recovered a few minutes after I electrocuted him. I know because I heard him yelling at his teammates.

Mic: "And another shocking demonstration by Killua! One more minute to go!" Mic announced.
Aizawa: "That was a terrible joke."
Mic: "Cmon, it was kinda good."

'That's it, one more minute.' My team looked over and saw Bakugo's team charging at us.

Gon: "Hatsume, how damaged is your gear?"
Hatsume: "One boot is broken, the other is ok."
Gon: "Can it get us in the air?"
Hatsume: "Probably, but we won't go very high."
Gon: "Ok. When I tell you, Hatsume, use your boot to get us in the air, and before Bakugo attacks, I need you Killua, to use your electricity on them." Gon instructed us.
Killua: "Will do." I responded.

We watched as Bakugo's team closed in.

Bakugo: "You're mine!" He reached out his hand to blast an explosion.
Gon: "NOW!"

Hatsume used the working boot to get us in the air, she was right about us not going high, but we got high enough to jump over Bakugo. He looked up at us as we flew over him, and he tried to attack us again but I sent one last bolt of electricity and electrocuted them. This time it was a little stronger, and his teammates wobbled, almost falling down.
Bakugo looked back at us through the pain and was about to say something - probably a death threat - but Mic interrupted.

Mic: "Times up!! And with that, the second round is officially over!"
'But things were just getting good!' I thought, disappointed about the cliffhanger.
Mic: "In first place, is team Killua, second is team Todoroki, third is team Bakugo, fourth is team Shinsou, and fifth is team Midoriya! These teams will be advancing to the final round!"

(And that's the end of this chapter! Hope you liked it. The next chapter was a little difficult to plan, but before I forget, for the purpose of equal teams and rounds I had to exclude Aoyama and the vine girl from 1-B. But anyway, have a good day!)