Sports Fest. Pt 2

Class was over but a ton of students were blocking the doorway.

Bakugo: "They're scouting the competition. We're the class who survived an actual villain attack. They wanted to see us with their own eyes." He said as he walked up to them. "At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it extras." The Deku squad gasped in disbelief.
Iida: "You can't call them extras just cause you don't know who they are!"

I laughed under my breath. I was sitting at my desk watching the whole thing. But I got up and started walking towards Bakugo.
I was standing behind him with Deku and a few others, and then a purple haired kid came walking up to the door from the crowd.

Shinsou: "So this is class 1-A. I heard you guys were impressive. But you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero course delusional or just you?"

Bakugo groaned from impatience, but the purple haired kept talking.

Shinsou: "How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs." I got bored and walked back to my desk as the purple haired kept talking.

From what I overheard, he went on about how he wanted to be in the hero course but didn't make it, and he's going to take one of our spots from under us. But I wasn't paying much attention. Then Bakugo said the only thing that mattered was that he beat everyone. 'Cant wait to beat you, Sparky!' I thought.

We began training for the Sports festival, and before we knew it, the day finally came.

————————————————————-

We were all sitting in a waiting room, I was talking with Gon, and I didn't pay much attention to anyone else, but Todoroki said something about aiming for the top and Deku said we're all rivals or something like that. Anyway, we were the first ones to enter the arena, then other classes followed after.

Gon: "There are so many people. I'm a little nervous.." He said in a whisper.
Killua: "Don't be nervous Gon. We are here to show off after all. Just do your best." I patted his head to encourage him.
Gon: "What if there's a challenge where me and you have to fight each other?" He said worriedly.
Killua: "If it comes to that, then sorry Gon. But I'll only hold back just enough to not seriously injure you. And I hope you do the same." Gon looked at me with a nervous smile. "Don't worry Gon! Let just both do our best!" I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him in for a shoulder hug as we kept walking.

Fast forward after the intro, I was supposed to do the student pledge thing, but I hate speeches so Gon volunteered to do it for me. I look at Gon who's beside me and all that nervousness he had before was gone.

Midnight: "He wasn't first in the exam, but for the student pledge we have Gon Freeces!" She announced.

Gon walked up to the stage with confidence. 'Wasn't he super nervous just now?' I thought.

Gon: "There's not much for me to say except, everyone do your best! Because me and my class won't hold back." He said with to much confidence.

I got second hand embarrassment, not that he did anything wrong, it's just that 'do your best' part was a little cringy. Ok that's enough, let's see what the first round is.

Midnight: "The first round is an obstacle course!"

Midnight explained the rules, which included that anything was allowed so long as it was on the track. Except killing anyone of course.

We all got ready at the start, and when it was time to go, everyone was pushing each other to get past. It was a long narrow hallway so it was hard to move.
Todoroki sent out a layer of ice and got through first. I sent out some electricity and knocked some people down. Me and Gon stayed close together and we got out of the hallway, only be frozen in place by Todoroki. It wasn't a big deal since his ice was no match for mine or Gons strength, and we easily kicked our legs free and kept running after Todoroki. Eventually, however, we were greeted by the zero point robots from the entrance exam. Todoroki froze them without any effort. 'He's strong, for an amateur.' I thought.

Gon: "Nows our chance!" Gon called to me and ran a little faster. I grabbed his shirt to stop him.
Killua: "Wait, he froze them while they're off their balance. Smart kid, but no matter. Let's just blast them and get infront!"

We jumped just as the robots broke free from Todoroki's ice. But it didn't matter. I jumped higher then one of the robots and blasted it with a huge lightning bolt. At the same time, Gon was in the air and used a Jan Ken Rock attack that completely demolished another. I don't think Todoroki expected us to get past this obstacle so easily, and a few others like Momo and Kirishima got past them no problem.

Mic: "Woah! Gon and Killua taking the lead after completely destroying the robots! But can they stay in the lead?"

I used nen to boost myself past Todoroki. But I wasn't about to leave Gon behind so I kept pace with him. We got to the next obstacle which mic called "the fall". I didn't stop though. I jumped from platform to platform, without a moments pause. Gon took bigger jumps, and got through even before I did! But once I made it to the other side (which was barely 2 seconds after Gon) I rushed to catch up.

Killua: "Leaving me behind, are you?" I teased.
Gon: "Sorry, but I knew you'd catch up. Besides, for the next obstacle I want to race to the end." He challenged.
Killua: "Your on!"

I could hear people behind us, some girl from the support course seemed to really love her inventions and when I looked back, Iida looked really stupid gliding across the ropes. Todoroki and Bakugo were hot and our trail, Bakugo used his explosions while Todoroki used his ice to catch up.

Killua: "Let's get to the next one quickly before those two catch us!" I said to Gon.
Gon: "Ok!"

The last obstacle was a land mine. I slowed down to avoid the mines, even Bakugo and Todoroki slowed down. But me and Gon were racing so I moved quickly. I also had to make it look like I've never experienced a land mine before, which was such a pain because I've done this many times. Gon was being careful too, wearing a big smile as he avoided the mines. 'Well someone happy.' I thought smiling.
Suddenly there was a big BOOM sound and Deku came flying through the air! 'Shit!!' I thought. I used nen and started running. I didn't see what happened, but Deku set off another mine and was nearing the end! 'Oh no you don't!' I thought as I increased my speed. I turned on God Speed for a split second to ensure my victory. No way was I going to lose this! I wasn't just competing against Gon or Deku, but Todoroki and Bakugo too.

As I ran down the hallway nearing the end of the race, I felt a tug and looked back to see Gon.

Gon: "Race to the finish?" He smiled.
Killua: "Of course!"

We both used nen, it was really close, but Gon came in first by a hair. If I'm being honest, I might have slowed down for him, just a little. 'He deserves this after all we've been through.'

Mic: "Back into the stadium is our first place winner! Gon Freeces is our champion!!" Mic announced.

There was a huge round of applause. I came second, Deku was third, then Todoroki, Bakugo and everyone else.

Gon: "That was so fun! I can't wait for the next round!"

I smiled. 'I couldn't agree more, Gon.' I thought, as the final results were announced.