Preparing for the festival

It was another day in class, and Aizawa told us about a fun school thing coming up.

Aizawa: "It's coming. The school festival." He announced.
Class: "Normal school stuff!"

'Finally something to take my mind off things. This should be fun!'

Iida and Momo went up to the front of the class and told us to brainstorm some ideas.

Denki: "A maid cafe!"
Iida: "Maids... it is good to serve others."
Mineta: "THATS WAY TO TAME!!"
Iida: "Mineta!"
Mineta: "A topless-" that's all he got out. Tsu wrapped him in a bag and hung him from the ceiling.
Tsu: "Want to help me tie this?" I laughed.
Killua: "FYI, if he does anything, to any girl, please tell me. I'll make it look like an accident." I joked.
Iida: "KILLUA!"
Killua: "Geez, calm down, I was only joking.... Maybe.."

We continued giving ideas.

Uraraka: "A mochie shop!"
Kirishima: "Arm wrestling match!"
Hagakure: "A fun house!"
Iida: "I don't know what you mean but sure!"
Gon/Killua: "How do you not know what a fun house is??!!"
Iida: "You can tell us about it later!"
Mina: "Disco!"
Deku: "A hero quiz!"
Tsu: "The frog song!"
Koda: "Maybe a petting zoo?"
Todoroki: "Soba stall."
Gon: "An obstacle course!"
Bakugo: "Fight to the death! Use Killua as our gladiator and we send our enemies into the ring!"
Killua: "HA!" I burst out laughing, I covered my mouth and almost fell out of my chair.
Iida: "Unexpected for a festival and you won't use Killua for that!"
Killua: "How about a skatepark?" I suggest in the middle of my muffled laugh.
Iida: "Better then Bakugo's!" I heard Bakugo yell "HEY!" But we ignored him.
Tokoyami: "A mad banquet of darkness."
Jirou: "Maybe a skit?"

There were a few more ideas and by the end of it, everyone had given their idea.

Momo: "Ok, let's cut some. Anything inappropriate, impossible, or confusing."

Everyone started talking, trying to think of ideas, but the bell rang so we decided to come up with something after school.

Bakugo: "I still think the death match was a good idea." It was hard to tell, but I knew he was mostly joking.
Killua: "I'm not gonna be your assassin. If you want someone gone then kill 'em yourself. But we all know you don't have the guts to do that." I said from my desk.
Bakugo: "What did you-"
Killua: "Oh what, are your gonna prove me wrong?"
Bakugo: "I-" He paused, rethinking what I just said. He just scoffed and walked away. Gon giggled and the others looked over in amusement. 'I'm glad things are getting back to normal. Well, as normal as it can get.'

——————————————

We are in the dorms trying to decide on an idea for the festival. We took out all the food options since the food served in the cafeteria was to good to compete with.

Mina: "I still think we should have a big dance party!" She said, slouching on the couch.
Todoroki: "Dancing. That's a good idea."

He showed us a video of a concert, we were all surprised to see his brick of a personality know about raves.

Iida: "Singing and dancing, huh?" I stood behind the couch, looking over Iidas shoulder at the computer screen.
I didn't like the idea of singing, OR dancing. Not my thing.

Killua: "I'm just saying now, if we do this concert thing, I'm not singing or dancing."
Iida: "That's fine. We would need a special effects team."
Hagakure: "Well if we're talking about music.."

We all looked at Jirou, she seemed kind of embarrassed. But with the power of peer pressure, we finally convinced Jirou to be our lead. She knows how to sing really well and play a lot of instruments.
We split up into three teams. The band, with Bakugo, Tokoyami, Denki, Momo and Jirou. Bakugo surprised everyone with his drum skills, and Mineta couldn't play the guitar because of his character design. Gon is on the dance team, and I am on the special effects team.

The next few days were spent preparing for the festival. Eri was going to be there too.
She visited us while the dance team was practicing, and Mina was teaching. Eri didn't know what a festival was so Deku told her all about them, and candy apples. 'A candy apple sounds really good right about now.' I snapped out of my thoughts and waited for a moment to talk to Mirio.

While Eri was distracted, a pulled Mirio to the side, not far from the others, but far enough so one overheard.

Killua: "I just want to say, I'm sorry I couldn't save Nighteye. And your quirk. I just feel really bad for not being able to do anything the second time he was in danger." We found out that someone the Puppet master was controlling, impaled Nighteye that day.
'If only I didn't go off on my own.' I scolded myself for my stupid mistake.
Mirio: "Hey, don't worry about it." He put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me. "I was able to spend more time with him because of you. And I'll get my quirk back, one day. I'm sad he's gone, but I'll get my revenge when I find the Puppet master and put him behind bars for good! But until then, I just want to help Eri find her smile again." I look up at him and smile softly.
Killua: "Yeah. I want to help her too." He stands up straight and looks over at my class.
Mirio: "I have a feeling this festival will be good for her. Keep up the great work Zol- Killua! Sorry, I almost forgot you use your first name."
Killua: "It's ok. Say hi to Tamaki and Nejire for me!"
Mirio waved goodbye to me and the others.
Mirio: "Will do! Take care everyone!"
'Sorry Mirio. But it's to late to take revenge now.' I thought as I waved goodbye to Mirio and Eri.

(Anther day, another chapter. We are getting closer to season 5, but I don't plan to end this story there. I'll explain more in future chapters. Anyway, have a good day!)