Sudden Kiss - Chapter 42

Irene

They say in every long night there's always a morning waiting to meet you.

A new day begins, new paperworks to work on and so on.

I saw this girl with mid- length hair being extra careful for me not to notice her. Little did she know, My eyes were searching for her the moment I set foot on this building.

"Hey! Stop hiding yourself.come here." She was really caught off guard when she didn't expect me to call her.

"Wendy. You have a lot to explain." I pretended to be angry as I motioned her to come forward. She wasn't even lifting her head. She moved forward not even looking at me.

"Joohyun. I'm really sorry please kill me. You know I am just t-taking order from the CEO..." I was just trying hard not to laugh for what she's saying.

"Wendy I'm really.... Ughh I thought we were friends but you just..... Is it easy to betray me like that? How can you do that to me." I must be watching to much
K-Dramas now. Should I lessen watching?

"Joohyun I'm really sorry. That won't happen again. And infact you can't blame me. I told you to choose between working a lot more or.... have a meal with him.." She immediately closed her mouth. "I mean to have dinner... Dinner .. with me."

"Hey! Wendy. What did you say? Who's he?" What do I expect ofcourse she'll deny it. And why am I even asking it ofcourse it's him.

If my conclusion is right. He purposely give me a lot of work because I declined to have dinner with Wendy but the truth is not with her but with....

"That's me. I asked Wendy to do that." I looked back to the owner of the voice no other than ofcourse that confusing CEO of this company.

"You may go Wendy." Jin said as she followed what he said.

"Wendy ah! Let's talk later." I warned her as I playfully glared at her.

"Joohyun. Where did you went last night? You didn't even submitted the papers to me. What if I had to check them first." He complains. He's purposely picking up some lame excuses.

"Will you fire me just because I did that.? Just fire me right now. Infact those are even not my works to have in the first place." I have a bad idea of staying any longer here. I feel like he has other motives for making me work here perhaps..

"Joohyun don't get any wrong idea. I was just planning to have a proper meal with you...." He meet my questioning eyes. Why would he do that?and...and the rest of the workers here." He explained. Obviously he's lying. I'm sure he's just making up excuses.

"Joohyun. What's on my plate for today? You're still my secretary right?" I can't with this man. He's really getting into my nerves lately. Should I just show myself to his dad so that he fires me immediately.

****

"Wendy? That night are we really going to have a meal with every other workers here?" I asked like it doesn't matter to me.

"What? Who said that? Joohyun to tell you the truth, I find it fishy too. You're married what is he up to?" I immediately covered her mouth.

"Hey! What are you saying? Why would he do that?"

"Joohyun?" We heard knocks on the door.
"Do you guys want some desserts?" Hwasa asked with some random food on his arms.

We became friends eventually. She's one of the office workers here. She's really nice although she's some kind of a you a blunt yet a cool person, but she's really sweet person.