Chapter 5

COBALT

Cobalt wasn't entirely sure about what had just occurred. When she agreed to follow Locust and his mysterious theory, she didn't know that they would be kidnapping. Kidnapping the prince of Vinegaroon hive for that matter. And not forgetting the two random LeafWings sprayed out in front of her. She agreed because she didn't want her friend hurt, but instead, he had taken up kidnapping and violence. Not exactly what she had expected.

She was currently keeping Prince Dragonfly stable, physically and mentally. What has my life come to? Cobalt thought.

"PEASANT! Let go of me this instant! I demand it!" he yelled at her snout.

"I- I u-u-uh.." she stumbled for words.

"THAT WAS A DIRECT ORDER!"

"U-uh"

"Did you not hear me!"

"W-w-well..."

"This INSTANT!"

Cobalt was beginning to tire of this. Not only was he annoying her, but he was also stepping on her anxiety talons. She didn't exactly have the best self-esteem either.

"I-I mean, I w-would but, L-locust said-"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT THAT USELESS SUBJECT SAID! Let me Go!"

"A-ah, b-but-"

"No buts, just get me out of here."

"Mhm....."

"If you two are done over there," inquired Locust, "Then I suggest you get that SilkWing and LeafWing down from there."

"We have NAMES you know!" shouted the LeafWing hanging from the ceiling.

"Does it look like I care? Cobalt, get on with it!" growled Locust.

"Y-yeah sorry b-bout that..." she mumbled quietly. "Can you hold Mr. Royalty over here?"

"Mfff.." protested Locust, "Fine."

As they switched positions, Cobalt tread towards the two hanging dragons.

"Hello." The red SilkWing greeted her.

"Hi..." She responded.

"As you can see, I'm in a bit of a..." he searched for words, "predicament... Yeah, could you help us?"

"That's why I'm here." Cobalt responded.

The LeafWing had said nothing to her, his orange and green scales shining light on her face.

Here it goes... She thought. Without any further doubt, Cobalt held her wrists' toward the warmed-red SilkWing's binds, keeping a firm distance from his scales.

"E-ever heard of a flamesilk before? I'm not s-sure if you would have, it's n-not... c-common knowledge... I g-guess..." She asked them. The SilkWings eyes went wide before he said, "Well, yes of course." The LeafWing still said nothing, staring at her.

"Heh, w-well you're going to see some too," She smiled slightly at the two dragons.

"W-wait WHAT?" the SilkWing roared at her, "Y-you're not going to-"

Before he could finish his sentence, fire erupted from Cobalt's scales, strings of silk heading for the nature-made chains.

"WAIT NO." the red dragon growled, "NO, NO, NO, NO!"

Cobalt barked a small laugh. Is he really that scared? Hah.

Her silk reached the tail bound first, cutting them loose along with his talons. The SilkWing dropped to the ground, snout first, before Cobalt headed onto the LeafWing.