Epilogue

SCAPHOID

"Scaphoid! Wake up!" called the voice of Topaz, his claws skidding on the stone. Scaphoid opened his eye and raised his head slowly, allowing his eye to adjust to the soft moonlight streaming from his skylights.

"You called?" He responded, his jaws tipping to a light yawn.

"Yes, yes," Topaz spoke hastily. "The scouts you sent out, they have returned."

"Oh, them." Scaphoid replied, holding back the soft fizz of excitement building in his chest. That's Lunate, he's back. He heaved himself up and shook himself down, before stretching out and pulling his spines back down to his neck.

"Fetch Ulna for me, and I will see them at once." He stated flicking a small stone with his bare talon.

"Right away." Topaz declared, before his soft-grey form slumbered out of sight, down the stone-carved hallway. Scaphoid smiled slightly before stalking up to the stone table and began shuffling through his large selection of jewellery. His claws fell on an opal bracelet and he decided to slip it on, curse you Opal, why did you have to do that.

Once he felt he had adorned his scales with enough garments, Scaphoid trotted out of his cave and under the stone roof of the hallway, heading toward the main entrance hall. Before he could walk even a few metres from his resting place, Scaphoid felt small talons stepping on his own.

Great... His mind muttered. A dragonet. Moons, why did I even have mine?

"Helloooo- oh," The dragonet bounced off his claws. "You're royal, aren't you?"

"Why yes, this is the royal's quarters, now isn't it?" he growled to the young dragonet, he then began to stalk down the hallway. The dragonet paused before bounding down the hallway after him.

"Sooooo," The dragonet came from beside him, energetically tumbling into his side. "My name is Marrow, how about you?"

Scaphoid snarled. "You really don't know who I am?"

Idiot dragonet.

"Uhhh, you're the guy who... looks after the... thingies in that big cave." replied Marrow, slumping to the ground on top of the Scaphoid's tail. Scaphoid snorted, sliding his tail out from underneath the dragonet and strutting with a faster pace down the corridor.

The dragonet followed suit with his change in pace, before calling after him, "Hey, wait up!"

"How about no."

He then twisted quickly, rounding the corner and strutting even further down the corridor, hoping to lose the dragonet. He walked out into the main meeting hall and saw Ulna walking down the hall, her pale amber scales hidden by a flowing silver cloak.

Her flashing amber eyes met his, before she spoke.

"Oh, hello Scaphoid," Ulna tread over to him, her cloak billowing upon her tail. "You're here for Skull and the others, I presume?"

"Why of course I am, Topaz burst unceremoniously into my room." replied Scaphoid.

"All right Skull should be coming in soon, he's come alone, he has dragons from another tribe with him." Ulna explained, she then turned and looked to one of the entrance tunnels.

"Another tribe?" Scaphoid asked. "What does he want with them? More importantly, why did he bring them here? They could be a threat to our great civilization, for all he, nor we, know."

"They're the ones that saved Lunate." Ulna answered him. "The ones that obtained the Crystal Helm."

Scaphoid's voice became less prominent. "Oh, well I guess that's fine then."