Chapter 39

ADMIRAL

Admiral looked at Lunate, slightly confused. What is he talking about? I mean I know he can speak to the dead but...

"Oh, no, now that's inappropriate." snapped Lunate, gazing at a rock intently, "You're salty of something you did to yourself."

He paused and looked at Mallow, "I have a message for you." he whispered, before taking a deep breath and letting it out, then he lifted his head, His eyes, they're, they're the colour of...

"Mallow, oh how I've wanted to see you!" Called a voice that wasn't Lunate's as he strode forward and hugged Mallow. She blinked, "What?"

"Oh, I forgot you wouldn't recognise my voice, I'm your mother, Eucalyptus, I'm speaking through Lunate to reach you." The voice said again, standing back wings folded on Lunate's back, in a very LeafWing-way. Mallow's eyes began to well up with tears, "Mom?" She then rushed up and wrapped her wings around Lunate.

"It's me child, I'm so sorry about what happened with us," said the voice softly, "My sister was not the best care for you. She shouldn't have been trusted with such a beautiful dragonet."

Lunate stepped back smiling, before taking another long breath, his eyes reopened, this time, the same golden colour as Mallow's.

"Mallow," said a different voice, this one deeper than the last, like the sound of a massive oak in a fierce storm, "It's me, your father, Spruce, how fiercely I fought to keep you and your siblings safe. But," the speaker sighed, "It was no use, Izula, fought dirty and fierce, he killed me and my brother, a smart and witty dragon by the name of Cypress, with no mercy."

"You didn't die in vain, and I had an Uncle?" Mallow asked, circling round Lunate.

"We must go." said Spruce, lifting Lunate's body upward.

"No! Don't leave me! I can't lose you again, before I even get to know you!" Mallow cried, tears beginning to well from her eyes.

"Oh, Mallow, we will always be with you," Spruce replied, he smiled, before his eyes turned back to Lunate's normal eye colour, which was hard to decipher.

"Well, now I'm back to mister shout- oh, well that solves things." Lunate murmured, he looked back to the group before asking, "So we should probably throw ourselves back across the ocean."

"We should, but first we need to talk to Scaphoid first, we'll explain that we succeeded today." Skull replied, he then flicked his tail and stalked toward the training hall.

Skull hunted around the hall, growling to himself, before pulling out a bag and pulling out the arm band he had used to communicate with the mist dragon. He slipped it on before saying, "I need to speak to Prince Scaphoid of the CavernWings."

He paused before walking to the pool, Skull adjusted his wings, the stance of his legs and the way he held his long, curved neck. Then the white mist rolled from behind the gemstones and a form appeared in the mist and the same dragon stepped out. He looks grumpy.

"Skull, what do you need at this time in the morning." The mist dragon snapped, he had strands of straw in the spines on his neck and small amounts of meat in his teeth.

"Scaphoid, we got back the crystal helm." replied Skull, bowing his head.

"You called me, FOUR HOURS before dawn for THIS?" snarled Scaphoid, "Well, you can come back now, I'll pass you onto Ulna, she'll be more forgiving."

"Certainly sir." replied Skull, settling down carefully.

Scaphoid growled before grabbing the armband and slipping it off, then the form shifted to a different dragon, this one was sleek and had a more polished look to their scales. They turned their head and smiled, "Skull, it's good to see you."