Chapter 11

ACACIA

Acacia didn't have being kidnapped on the top of his list, but here he was. Kidnapped, twice, with two ragy HiveWings, two rainbow SilkWings and a spy who had kidnapped him. He didn't exactly feel privileged. He felt like a failure. He felt, in ways. kidnapped by his thoughts. That meant he had been kidnapped three times in one day. 'Hooray' for Acacia.

He sat drinking the metallic running water, keeping his eyes on the others. It interested him that these dragons had such different lives to him, yet they were all stuck in the same position. Dragonfly, a self-centered prince, Mallow, a clumsily-made spy, Locust, a lion-hearted HiveWing, Cobalt, a shy fiery flamesilk or whatever they called it, and Admiral a retreater. Acacia didn't think it would have been possible for them all to meet without Admiral being captured. 'Yay' I guess?

After Acacia had enough to drink, he sat up to face the eyes of the so-called 'CavernWings'. They are actually quite interesting. Like Cobalt said before, from evolutionary-standpoints, they are just so, so wow. I would like to know more about them, but Mr. Grumpy grump of a general won't allow it. Tsk Tsk.

"Alright, let's move it. You've had enough to drink now." Skull scorned. Acacia just stared at his underbelly, curious. How do those beams work? Their bellies light up don't they? I want to know moreeee!

"Hurry up, tree." The general whacked his tail toward Acacia.

"Y-yes sir." he lowered his head.

Skull just laughed in hysterics. "S-sir? Really! Sir!" the CavernWing barked. "That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Now move."

You did it again, leaf-brain. You screwed up.

He turned to find Mallow and Cobalt staring at him, so he quickly jogged down into the tunnel. What are they staring at me for? Probably my massive fail. Yeah, fails. That's me.

Acacia, lost in his thoughts, felt a sharp pain along his left wing. He shot around to find Cobalt's red parrot biting its beak at his wing.

"GAHHHHHHH!" Acacia roared. "GET THIS PARROT OFF ME!"

"Look! Prey! Let's eat it!" yelled the silver dragon.

N-no no no! Don't come eat it! It's Cobalt's pet and you might BITE ME.

"W-WAIT DON'T! YOU MIGHT HURT ME!" growled Acacia at the approaching CavernWings. They didn't stop.

"SPIKE!" he heard Cobalt yell. "STOP! DON'T HURT MY LITTLE SPIKE!"

Acacia swifted around and avoided the first dragon's claws by an inch, the parrot still clinging to his wing.

"Oh get off you useless red animal!" he tried shaking his wing. Moons! It's got claws like a HiveWing's! For a BIRD too!

Acacia heard roars from his attackers, and turned to find glowing strands of fiery silk around their claws and snouts. Their eyes were painted with shock and confusion, struggling to withstand the silk that had captured their ability to move. Cobalt stood in the centre of the tunnel, silk attached from her wrists.

"Nobody. Eats. My. Bird." She stated, eyeing down at the CavernWings.

Muffled roars came from the ghost-white dragons, pointing around at their snouts with lowered brows.

"Spike, get over here, and DON'T ever do that again. Do you hear me?" The blue SilkWing growled. The bird obediently flew over to her, landing on her shoulder. It made a small cry of annoyance, still placed in the same spot.

"Cobalt, keep them there and let's run." Locust demanded. "I reckon if we move now, we might get some distance ahead of them."

"Without Admiral? No." Cobalt shot a stare at the HiveWing.