chapter 1

NEW YORK : OCTOBER 25, 2015

"with you, preferably."

belle's pov!

unlocking the door to my apartment, i stepped in and smiled, relieved to finally arrive home. while kicking my boots off, i locked the door behind me, and hung up my coat and scarf. the whole day of working in the cafe was tiresome, but i was happy.

i walked to the living room trying to find loki, but ended up finding nothing but an empty mug on the table. i took the mug on the table, and walked to the kitchen with the takeaway bag on my other hand.

i had just placed the mug down on the sink to be washed later, when suddenly i felt hands wrap my figure from behind.

"how was work, love?", loki said- no, purred in my ear, still hugging me tightly.

"it was good, i even sang a few songs for some of the customers today.", i said with a grin, holding up the paper bag, "look i even brought back a bag of aunt liza's chocolate chip cookies for us."

i didn't even need to look at him to see the excitement radiating off him.

"i love you.", he said simply yet affectionately, pressing a kiss on top of my head.

i leaned my head to the side, and looked up at his green-blue eyes, "you know i love you too."

it's been 4 months since we've been living on earth, and i couldn't begin to say how wonderful that time has been.

he was true to his word, and we left asgard the day we were offered the chance by the allfather himself.

oh, the things i'd do to see the shocked faces of each and everyone of the avengers again. i had kissed him in front of everyone else, and they all literally froze.

nat was the first one to congratulate us, and everyone followed. although clint, steve, and tony did look like they were going to have to plan a murder soon.

i assured them that it was okay, but they still asked questions here and there. most of them came from steve, but tony would drop by my apartment sometime while i'm working at the cafe. i'd come home to see him and loki having some serious talk. the sight of two men who hate each other's guts, sitting across from each other, with cups of tea in their hands, had never failed to amuse me. they begrudgingly got along better after a few more of their teacup parties.

as for clint, it wasn't that hard to convince him that loki would never hurt me. it's because i've done it before, and boy, was i very stubborn and persistent about it too.

"loki!", i said, snapping back to reality, "i just got back from outside, you know very well that i'm still dirty."

"i don't mind in the slightest.", he said still hugging me, "i can shower again later."

"with you, preferably.", he added, making pink tint my cheeks.

"lokes!"

"i'm kidding, love.", he said, running his hand through my hair gently, "it was worth a try though."

"suuure.", i dragged out with a teasing tone, "i just want to shower quickly, then warm up those cookies and eat them with you."

"i just want to enjoy my time with you as soon as i can."

"and you will.", he said finally releasing me from his hug, "i'll wait for you."

i took a warm shower, and quickly slipped into a brown hoodie and my infamous winnie the pooh pajama pants. loki smiled at me, as he slipped past me, going to take a shower himself too.

i put the cookies in a bowl, and put the bowl in the microwave to reheat.

while it was reheating, i brought out blankets from the bedroom and proceeded to set up the couch. i adjusted a few random things laying around in the living room with my magic, all the while humming a tune.

oh, that was another thing that we had to do when we first got back. the cleaning took a few hours, and loki pointed out how we should clean the back of the couch more than once. his excuse was so we didn't forget but i told him i knew it was because the last time he was there, he was a cat and he sneezed very adorably. his cheeks reddened and he told me that he was hoping i'd forget that happened. shy little thing he is.

the microwave let out a beep as i pulled out a book out of the bookshelf. before i could go get it, loki stepped in, wearing a dark purple t-shirt and grey sweatpants, and stopped me, "i can get that, belle."

"okay, thanks!", i said, noticing how his hair looked very fluffy, as if he had just dried it.

oh, that man probably cheated and dried his hair with his magic.

he came back and sat down on the couch with the bowl in his hands.

i saw him chewing slowly, and i glanced at the bowl to see some cookies were gone, "loki!"

"forgive me, but i just couldn't resist." he said with a cheeky grin, grabbing another one and biting into it.

i sat down next to him, and grabbed one out of the bowl, biting it. i let out a delighted sigh in response, "i understand what you mean. you're half-forgiven."

"what of the other half?"

i summoned the book i prepared and held it up as i spoke, "the other half is forgiven if you end up reading the wicked king with me tonight."

one of the blankets disappeared with a green glow and reappeared on our shoulders, covering the both of us.

he smiled softly, "consider me forgiven then."

author's note:

you all have no idea how long i've waited to make a domestic version of belle and loki, i just- i need a moment- 

anyways, i was so tempted to use a cookie monster gif for the beginning of this chapter but ended up not doing it. still, i'll put it here bcs cmon look at him-

now i'm off to do an assignment i've been putting off for the whole day yesterday, hope y'all are having a great sunday!