chapter 7

"you uh, you stole my breath away

"you uh, you stole my breath away."

belle's pov!

"hello..? oh hey tony, you wanna order? wait what? no no i cannot come, i'm at work! what do you mean you already asked aunt liza for her permission and loki is on his way to pick me up? stark, don't you dare hang up on-"

i furrowed my brows as the line got cut off.

"well shoot, he actually did hang up on me."

i didn't have time to do anything else when loki suddenly walked in, all dressed with a dark green emerald suit.

forest elegant green, with a cream dress shirt with the top two buttons left unbuttoned, hands buried deep in his pants pockets. a grey-blue scarf hanging loosely on his shoulders.

his hair was in a literal man bun and i had to grip the counter for support so i didn't fall straight to the floor.

i couldn't tear my eyes off him as he walked up to me, and i could faintly hear cole snickering in the background.

if tony put loki up to this, i was going to be the one defenestrating him out of his own window this time.

"belle, are you okay?", loki asked, staring down at me, and i felt my words get stuck in my throat.

"oh she sure isn't.", cole replied for me, stepping up next to me, "she's down bad for you, dude."

"oh?", loki said with a smirk, "is that so?"

i opened my mouth and closed it again, only to repeat that twice more times before turning away and grabbing the telephone off the counter. i went to the bathroom and started dialling the number tony called me from.

"what did you do to my man?", i asked once the line connected.

"well, hello to you too. rapunzel."

"for the last time, don't call me that."

"same golden magic, the same gold flower from that movie is literally on your hand, i personally think rapunzel is fitting."

i'm beginning to regret telling the team of my powers.

if it weren't for clint almost falling from the vents, i wouldn't have made a cushion to break his fall and have to explain myself.

"and as for...what did you call him? ah yes, your man.", i could imagine him grinning from the other line, "that was no problem at all actually, the black suit was getting a little boring for me and i offered him a little upgrade."

"the black suit was deadly enough!", i blurted out, feeling heat rise to my cheeks.

"oh but the green one screams a different level of elegance.", i heard him say casually, "you're welcome."