chapter 27

"no way, no way, no way!"

belle's pov!

the gift-giving had begun.

it was a fun game of guessing who gave whose gifts. from the outside, it was hard to know, but once we unwrapped the presents, things were easier.

peter got stickers, like a whole box filled with it. to make it better, there are tons of gummies on the very bottom of it too. then there was a handwritten card with a single summed up sentence: 'merry christmas, you are a literal child, so i hope candies and stickers will make you happy.' peter thanked sam cheerfully, while sam just laughed civilly, for once.

thor had poptarts and a mjolnir plushie for his present, and we quickly found out peter had given him that. peter explained that the purpose behind the plushie is so that when thor sleeps, he won't have to cradle the cold hard weapon anymore. thor had crushed peter in a very thankful hug. "mr thor- sir- i can't feel my ribs.", peter had wheezed, when thor didn't let go. don't worry, peter's ribs are fine.

tony received some vintage asgardian beer, to which he laughed approvingly. "thor, you're my favorite avenger now.", tony had said to the blonde as he went and filled his shot cup with the beer immediately. thor had winced when tony immediately gulped the whole shot and offered a nervous thumbs up.

steve's present came from tony. a dark blue leather-bound sketchbook, an expensive pen set, and a watch were found inside the box. "the watch is scratch-proof and it's basically unbreakable.", tony had quipped, then suggestively added, "fitting for your rough work, rogers.". steve had sent a shocked look of indignation at the last sentence, but thanked tony sincerely.

bucky got a new jacket and plums. bucky absolutely loved plums. his eyes darted to his best friend of so many years, and he grinned as he fist-bumped steve.

wanda got a new lovely necklace to add to her collection, and even new fingerless gloves from bucky. she had even squealed excitedly when she found the black stockings she found when she had looked deeper inside the bag.

loki's was next. he had gotten black and gold eyeliners, black nail polish, and a whole haircare set with the scent of midnight jasmine. not only that, wanda went a little overboard and even got him two daggers, one full black and the other full white, with grey handles. "grey handles because when you are holding the knives, your intentions can be as bright as light or as dark as night, or perhaps both.", she explained and loki was such a sucker for deep things that he grinned exquisitely. "little witch, you made my night. thank you.", he had said and wanda smiled brightly.

natasha had raised both her eyebrows when she found out loki was the one who had given her the red dress and heels. she tried to play it cool as she thanked him, but by the grin she failed to suppress, i'm sure even loki knows how much she absolutely loves his gift.