chapter 3

"you

"you."

belle's pov!

from 8 am to 4 pm, i worked at the cafe, smiling and greeting the people that came by.

when i had just arrived back in new york, some of them were pretty shocked to see me and had asked me where i've been all this time.

"london.", i had lied a little bit that day, "i was invited by a friend to explore the city and perhaps uncover a new side of me i've never seen before."

i told aunt liza and cole the unfiltered truth.

i told them about kasper's true identity. i told them that i've been in asgard; a land with glimmering golden towers, mesmerizing skies and the rainbow bridge. i told them of my soulmark, a concept i had to awkwardly explain. i told them about my magic, more like showed them actually. and lastly, i told them i was in love with loki.

i told them everything.

whereas aunt liza was careful and understanding, cole was less of that.

he was concerned, just like the best friend i knew he had always been, but he was wary. wary of my new abilities, of loki, of asgard, of me perhaps. but if i were ever in his position, i'd undoubtedly be wary of me too.

but after some time and space to think, he told me that i could make my own choices and he supports whatever i do.

"as long as you're the happiest when with him, belle.", he said then, "though if he tries anything out of line-"

"coooole.", i drawled out with a look. he eventually dropped the subject as days went by, but i'd be a fool if i thought cole had given up on his doubts concerning loki that easily.

we were about to close up when loki walked in, wearing his black suit and a gray scarf.

i heard cole hiss beside me. oh no, someone save me please.

"i'm taking his order.", he said and started walking away before i could say a thing.

i bit my lip in anticipation, expecting one of them to start yelling and tables crashing into each other.

i kept on watching them as i wiped the tables, and to my surprise the both of them were just talking.

an almost disappointed frown came up on my face. here i was expecting some drama.

i walked over to their way, and stood casually next to cole, "everything alright, here?"

"absolutely splendid, love.", loki said.

"no problem here.", cole also said.

i narrowed my eyes at both of them, suspicious, "really?"

"yes.", the both of them said at the same time, and i blinked.