chapter 28

"it's okay to ask for help or for a hug

"it's okay to ask for help or for a hug."

belle's pov!

"well, well, well. looks like i caught you web-handed.", i remarked, glancing at a very shocked peter, who was wearing the recognizable red and blue suit complete with the iconic spider logo in the middle of his chest, his mask gripped in his other hand.

peter couldn't say a word, while wanda cackled at what i said. i smiled at her, happy that she appreciated my pun.

"you-", peter started, words finally being able to come out of his mouth, "you knew i was spiderman? but, how?"

"i started getting ideas when i saw a suit peeking out of your school bag during our sleepover.", i shrugged, "plus, you are wonderfully strong and your reflexes are insane. those are good giveaways, especially for a teenager."

"oh.", he said, "well, i guess that does make sense."

i nodded hoping he didn't start his usual chain of apologies–

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you sooner-", he blurted quickly.

ah, there it is.

"peter.", i tried to say comfortingly, to avoid further panic.

"i would but i didn't know how'd you react to the news-"

"peter.", i repeated with the same comforting tone.

"and i know how much you hate spiders.", he rambled, finishing off with a remorse-filled frown.

i blinked at his last claim, "peter~ you may be spiderman but you're not a spider. wait- you aren't a spider right? no you're human, right, what was i thinking- anyways, moving on. as long as you don't invite your spider buddies to my apartment, then we're good."

"besides, after hearing that you're spiderman, i'm actually in awe of you, peter. i'm so so so very proud of you for taking up this responsibility, and being so very brave at it.", i beamed like a proud sister. sure we're cousins, but most of the time, especially back when we were children, peter felt like a baby brother to me more than just a mere cousin.

i had hugged him tightly some minutes ago, and was still hugging him now as i say softly, "just..take care okay? stay safe and if you ever feel like things are getting too much for you, please tell me or anyone else. you're strong peter, but you're still a person. it's okay to ask for help or for a hug."

i felt his hands wrap around me tighter and my heart tightened, "promise me you won't get into trouble while i'm gone?"

"how could i? you're taking all of that with you to asgard.", he shot back, and somehow i thought i heard steve and bucky humming their approvals somewhere in the background.

"well then, loki will have to keep me in check in that case.", i grinned, letting go of him.

"merry christmas again. send my wishes to aunt may! and mj! and ned!", i shouted one last time, as i stepped into the elevator, the doors closing and i was immediately brought straight to the top floor.

the platform where the bifrost should open greeted me, and loki and thor were already there. thor was ruffling loki's hair in brotherly affection when i arrived, which i thought was sweet. loki on the other hand, scowled, pulling out a dagger.

"hey~ loki put the shiny thing away.", i scolded lightly, and when he did i leaned up to give him a kiss on his cheek.

thor gagged. loki narrowed his eyes again. i narrowed my eyes at loki in warning, but also shot a meaningful glare at thor for gagging at our moment.

"right well, step on up to the platform, people of all ages. yes, normal 21 year olds and 1,000 or so year olds are all welcome!", tony said in a ringmaster voice, as if this were a circus. he is wearing his iron man suit, and when i asked why he said he was too lazy to get into a coat.

"this has heat insulations in it, much better than the coat.", he added, justifying his point.

i had sighed and muttered, "one day i hope i'll have that option too."

when we stood on the platform, i said with a smirk, "merry christmas, playboy."

he rolled his eyes, "happy times too, rapunzel, reindeer games, and pointbreak. come visit earth soon, and please – come back with good news and not news of war."

we all grumbled at our terrible nicknames as the light descended on us, and we were pulled away to another corner of the universe. a corner i've missed. dear, wonderful, golden asgard.

author's note:

i would've posted last night if i wasn't busy rereading the last few chapters of book 2. there was a time my writing was a little bit decent-

anyways, asgard's coming up next :))