chapter 18

"happy birthday to youuuu!"

belle's pov!

loki's face was pressed against my chest that morning. him and i had been awake for quite some time now, but none of us made a move to get off the bed.

i ran my hand through his hair, as he snuggled deeper into my chest.

"happy birthday, love.", i whispered, as he smiled back up at me.

"thank you.", he replied, "another year to my oh so very long life, hm?"

"that's right.", i said while kissing his forehead, then his eyes, then his cheeks, his chin, his jaw- his whole face.

"my pretty, old, and now legal-to-get-drunk prince."

in the dim morning light, it was almost like he's blushing, "you're so infuriating."

"you love that though.", i said with a laugh, "you love being infuriated by me."

"fine~ maybe i do love you for that.", he admitted, "i love you for everything you do after all."

"even if i do this?", i asked while pressing the tip of his nose with my finger. his face scrunched up at the unexpected contact. it was adorable.

"what was that?", he asked confused.

"a boop.", i said booping him again with a laugh, "boop!"

"i am not familiar with this boop."

"you will be.", i said, deciding to get out of bed.

i was almost out the door, until i stopped and turned around to see loki still laying in bed, face buried in the pillow.

"cmon loki, we have to start your special day!"

he lifted his face from the pillow and looked at me with squinted eyes, "i'd rather stay home with you."

"oh cmon, it'll be fun.", i said reassuringly, "just give today a chance please?"

'because i've gotten almost everyone to brainstorm ideas about your birthday all week.', i wanted to say, but that'll ruin the surprises we have prepared for today.

he finally gave in and nodded, "alright, but we're going home when i say so."

"whatever pleases you on this day, your majesty.", i said with an exaggerated bow, backing up straight into the doorframe, hitting my elbow on the hard wood.

instead of looking a bit sympathetic, loki watched me with amusement.

"that is a live representation of karma for mocking me.", he said with a smirk. i glared at him as i rubbed my elbow.