chapter 19

"of course

"of course."

third person's pov! 

"i admit i'm quite surprised.", thor said awkwardly, "we haven't had a conversation in months."

"if you wish for it to be years, i'm sure i can arrange for that to happen as well.", loki shot back at his brother.

"no, i'm glad.", thor said, "i've missed talking to you."

"i'm only doing this because belle is with natasha and wanda, and well," loki admitted almost painfully, "staying at home sounds quite boring."

"i see.", thor hummed. 

the two asgardian brothers walked down the road, opting to go window shopping. loki and belle have done it before a few months back, but it was completely different then from now.

the shops were lined with all sorts of christmas decorations. shades of red and green lights blinked at them ironically, as the two colors were each other's signature colors. tiny christmas trees, big christmas trees, wrapped presents, reindeers, holly wreaths, and shiny ornaments.

snowflakes fell around them, thin but gracefully dropping from the sky. loki chose to wear lighter shades today. that being a white turtleneck sweater, dark blue jeans, and the lightest cream coat on the outside. naturally, he wore boots that had a fair amount of heels under, just because he wanted to.

thor was wearing a blue hoodie, and a dark grey bomber jacket, and baggy ripped jeans. loki had said those pants made him look homeless. thor had just shrugged the comment off easily. 

everything went well.

that is, until thor, despite being the older one and being at least 1,500 years old, begged to go to the candy store.

loki had stared at his brother in irritation and second-hand embarrassment the whole entire time they were in there. 

"and suddenly, i act like the older one.", loki muttered, holding the bridge of his nose annoyed.

still despite all his thoughts of how absurd this is, he couldn't deny that thor had indeed seemed so very happy. so he ended up saying nothing, and just rolled his eyes discreetly a few times.

they were passing by a bookstore, and thor stopped, looking at loki with a knowing look.

"i am not going book shopping with you.", loki had said, before thor threw his arm across loki's shoulders and dragged them both in. loki's dagger was this close to popping thor's bomber jacket.

loki didn't buy anything, but he did get a certain book for belle. 

"she's wanted it for months now.", loki explained while laughing just a little, "wouldn't stop talking about it all the time, even in her sleep."