chapter 13

"all the things i feel when i'm with you

"all the things i feel when i'm with you."

(i'm so sorry to interrupt, but i just have to say that this is my favorite gif of loki, and everytime i look at it, i get butterflies and my brain just goes: sjfbfjsbfjshdb) 

loki's pov!

smooth arms weaved their way around my body, hugging me tighter, holding me closer.

i could tell from the soft breathing that it was belle, and her head resting on my chest almost seemed like a familiar thing. she nuzzled further, sighing contently, her damp hair from her shower clinging to her neck without a care.

i kept my eyes close, but moved one of my hands to rest on her back, giving a small hint that i wasn't exactly asleep.

what made me open my eyes was when she started trailing kisses softly and carefully on my collarbone, right above the hem of my shirt. it was a rare gesture that came from her.

"love?", i whispered to her and she looked up, her brown eyes finding mine.

"hi.", she said with a dazzling grin, "i want to show you something i got earlier today."

her hand reached up, and a bouquet of orange chrysanthemums floated to her hands.

"i happened to stop by the florist shop, you know the one just a few stores away from the cafe?", she said and i nodded gently, as she continued, " yeah, i went there on my way home. and did you know that chrysanthemums are pretty known fall flowers? something quite fitting for mid-november hm?"

"chrysanthemums can mean a lot of things in different places in the world, they can mean devoted love and joy, sometimes comfort and grief, other times hope for someone to get well soon," she trailed off slowly, "but orange ones, as far as i know, mean mostly good things."

"most of the good feelings like happiness, excitement, enthusiasm, passion.", she said delicately touching one of the petals, "all the things i feel when i'm with you."

i sat up a bit, as she placed the bouquet in my hands.

heat rose up to my cheeks as i stared down at the flowers in my hand, "you got them for me?"

from the corner of my eyes, i saw her nodding and doing that nervous tick of hers, the one where she tugs on the sleeves of her clothing, which in this case is the sleeves of her dark brown sweater.

"i had the sudden urge to give you flowers."

"i- i don't know what to say.", i whispered quietly, "no one has thought to do something like this for me, because-"

because it's usually the man giving the woman flowers. not the other way around.

she rested one hand on my arm comfortingly, "well, i'm sure it's about time this should be done more, don't you think?"