chapter 2

"do you think the universe decided then that we were going to be soulmates?"

belle's pov!

i woke up feeling someone tracing my soulmark.

it was early, the sun had just started to peek through the windows.

i sat up and blinked, before sinking back into bed.

"you're very lazy, you know that?", his voice laughed.

"hush.", i mumbled sleepily, "your voice is so loud."

"i am not loud.", he said offended, "thor's loud, not me."

"keep talking and i'll shove you out of our room.", i said fake threateningly.

then i felt someone kiss my forehead, "you just called your room, our room."

"i did..?", i trailed off in question, "oh, i guess i did."

he continued tracing my soulmark, "this is a campanula, a species of bellflowers. ironic don't you think, belle?"

i hummed, then he grinned, "i assume this is your favorite flower?"

i nodded.

i then grabbed his hand and flipped it over gently, and ran my fingers on his soulmark, the same way he had done to wake me up.

i noticed the effect i had on him, because he slowly got even more relaxed as i traced slowly, the golden sword pulsating under my finger with a familiar glow.

"huh, i guess daggers really aren't your most prized weapons.", i said remembering that night we told each other a lie and a truth.

then i remembered another detail and started laughing so loud.

"so, that means you have slept in the litter box before!"

"shhhh!", he said embarrassed, "we should never talk about that again."

"no, i'm never dropping this. but perhaps, if you show me your sword, i might."

he sat down and i followed his lead. he flicked his hand and a green glow shot upwards, and in its place materialized a golden gleaming sword, "laevateinn."

"i crafted it myself, years ago.", he said, handing the sword to me carefully, "it can generate fire with a little bit of magic."

i stared at the details, the pure, rich color of gold on the blade and the black hilt. i could feel the small thrum of loki's magic evident on it. and with just one touch, i knew that this was quite the powerful object.

"show me.", i said handing the sword back to him, "light it up, love."

he smiled and with no effort, the enchanted flame travelled up the blade.

"it's beautiful.", i said as the blade slowly disappeared, only the shimmer of green left.

he hummed a small thank you.

i pulled him back down to lay with me on the bed.

"that night in the park, when we finished the cruel prince. when we told each other a truth and a lie. do you think the universe decided then that we were going to be soulmates?"

he stared at our soulmarks and nodded slowly, "our soulmarks do represent the truth of the lies we told that night. maybe the universe wanted to show our fates too."

"that's a really nice thought.", i said looking up at him.

he nodded agreeing, playing with my hair, "i'm glad it's you."

"i'm really glad it's you too."

author's note:

listened to powerful songs as i edited this, and reading my notes for my chem test tomorrow. the vibes are immaculate.

uhm another hand gif too- i'm sorry-