chapter 30

"beloved one

"beloved one."

belle's pov!

"loki, you're walking too fast!"

"no, you're just walking too slow.", he countered back.

i huffed, the fog lingering in the air.

"you're bullying me now."

"it's a love language.", he grinned.

the dusky blue dress hugged my waist snugly as i ran to catch up to him.

it's a pretty dress, one i had picked out the second i saw it. the tulle skirt flowed elegantly down to skim the surface of the ground, from the dusty blue to a softer white-blue color of snow. fitting for the winter solstice.

the neckline was straight and there were sheer off-the-shoulder sleeves, light and breezy. winter flower petals, dark against the fabric, scattered from my ribs and continued on to the beginnings of the skirt, where they slowly disappeared.

of course i hadn't gone out of the palace with a mere dress, on top of me probably freezing to the bone if i do, loki won't let it happen. the man's paranoid for my well-being, and i wouldn't understand why if it weren't for me feeling the same way about him.

so the dusky blue wool cape was laid on my shoulders and connected by a thin silver chain.

i blushed remembering what loki said after he clasped the cloak on my shoulders.

"you look like a dream.", loki hummed, one of his arms finding my waist and the other holding my cheek, tilting my face upwards for yet another kiss. his kisses warmed me more than anything.

he was a few feet away from me now, walking at 'normal pace'.

he's dressed in green leather, but today the green seemed to be deeper, almost black, and the gold had softened a bit to not look as flashy. his shoulder-plates gleamed. His ivy-colored cape fell behind his figure.

this time he didn't have to wear a disguise. everyone knew that the princes would visit the winter market and celebrate for a good while.

his head turned to the side to look at me, softly, chuckling at my out-of-breath state.

his hair is tied in a ponytail, with a few strands left intentionally out to fall beside his pretty cheekbones. my own brown hair was in a low bun, with an occasional snowdrop or two or three giving it a little extra detail.

people of all ages gathered with warm spirits, the young ones ran around energetically while the old ones smiled tiredly. you can't stop taking in everything and anything, from the noisy but comforting chatter, to the warm light of fires, to the smell of food wafting in the air.