chapter 8

"don't tell me it's another cat

"don't tell me it's another cat."

belle's pov!

tony lifted his head as we arrived, making a face as loki kissed me on my cheek.

"okay lovebirds," he said, "no funny business in my lab."

loki grinned, pressing another kiss, this time on my lips.

tony and loki got along after a few tea parties, i have no idea what they're talking about, and i don't wish to know. i can't deny that is straight up odd, but hey i guess everyone can have their own little fun every once in a while right? as long as my windows are still intact, i think it's fine.

"point taken, reindeer games. just please no kissing and all that soon alright? i need you two to be completely family-friendly for this favor i'm asking of you right after this."

"what favor?", i asked with furrowed brows, "don't tell me it's another cat."

i heard loki scoff jokingly beside me, but wrap his arms around me tighter. he wouldn't admit it out loud but he clearly didn't want any other cat other than chaos to be in my apartment.

"yeah, it isn't a cat.", tony said with what looked like an amused smile, "i'll let you know when the opportunity comes though."

i didn't have to look to know that loki is currently glaring invisible daggers at tony.

"mr stark?", a very familiar voice said, making me turn around quickly.

"yeah kid, come out.", tony said, "congrats you two, this child is now under your watch for the rest of the day."

a boy with brown curls stepped from behind a nearby wall, a backpack strap slung over one shoulder, "hello, um pleasure to meet you my name's-"

"peter.", i blurted out, making him turn to me, a look of recognition slowly appearing on his face.

"belle?", he asked excitedly.

"the one and only.", i said, equally excited.

i pulled away from loki's arms and tackled peter down for a hug, "oh, i've missed you!"

he hugged me back, and we both moved up from the floor, laughing hard, momentarily forgetting the other two men standing there confused.

"is there something i'm missing here?", tony asked blankly, "maybe i missed a few chapters or something. i know this isn't in the books before."

loki threw a confused look at tony but decided not to question the weird notion.

"peter and i are cousins.", i explained, "my mother and his mother are sisters."

"her french dad and my american dad used to fight over who could make the best pasta.", peter said agreeing, "you have no idea what it's like to wake up to two grown men arguing about spices and the precise amount of each and every single ingredient."

peter then turned to me with wide eyes, "oh wait! remember the time my dad asked for more ketchup on the spaghetti?"

"oh yeah my dad was ready to break something.", i hummed, "i mean it's sauce, not ketchup. no offense but who uses ketchup on their spaghetti?? it's always been sauce from day one."

"i thought world war 3 was about to break out on our dining table that day.", peter said with a laugh.

"thankfully it didn't. they always laughed it off in the end.", i replied wistfully, "they were such fun people."

both me and peter held eye contact for a while, a silent look of comfort shared between us. we were orphans now, both left to the care of an aunt. last we saw each other, they were all still alive. oh how much we've grown up since then.

loki darted his gaze from me to peter, "it does make sense. while there is almost nothing similar from your features, both of your eyes are unmistakably the same brown."

"thank our moms."

then i turned to tony, "how'd you meet peter?"

"ah, he's-", tony began and quickly halted as his eyes locked with peter's. i turned to the side and saw peter's frantic gaze for a second.

i raised my eyebrows a little, as loki watched on with interest.

"i offered him an internship due to his stellar progress in school, he's got lots of potential for stark industries.", tony said with a quick smile, "i just happen to need you both to watch over him for a day while i tend to some tedious company meetings."

i looked at loki who had his hands in his pockets staring at peter apprehensively, and peter looking nervous and excited at the same time.

oh what a day this'll be.