chapter 17

"women are always treated like nothing when we can be everything, and more

"women are always treated like nothing when we can be everything, and more."

belle's pov!

"hello."

i turned around, and saw no one there.

i felt loki's hand grip mine tighter, "love?"

"nothing, i- i just thought i heard someone.", i said softly, continuing to walk.

i ignored his unconvinced look.

we went to eat in a local cafe after, and it started snowing on our way out.

"ignoring me now, are you?", i heard the same woman's voice again, and i quickly whipped my head to the side only to be met with the cold, winter wind.

i know loki was looking at me again, but instead of asking, he just held his hand out comfortingly. gratefully, i took his hand, and felt safer.

on our way back to the apartment, i felt someone's stare at me, and as i turned to the direction, i saw a woman with dark green eyes standing there. and then, she turned away, walking to the side of a building.

i really shouldn't, but something told me i should go and follow her.

i looked at loki and mustered the best convincing smile i could, "i'm going to walk around for a while longer, why don't you go back home and, uhh, shower first? so when i get home, you'd be done by then."

loki tilted his head, and stared at me with furrowed brows, "you're acting oddly."

"what? no-"

"is it something i did?", he asked worriedly, "did i overstep any-"

"nono!", i said shaking my head rapidly, "i just want to check something i saw earlier for a second. if i'm in trouble, i'll be sure to let you know through the telepathic link, okay? that's if my soulmark hasn't alerted you already, of course."

one of my hands flew up and smoothened the crease in between his brows, "don't do that too much, you'll have wrinkles."

instead his eyebrows raised, "i'm just worried."

"you shouldn't be.", i said, patting his cheek, "see you, love, i'll be up in 20 minutes max."

he sighed but nodded, kissing my forehead softly, "i trust you to stay safe."

"and i trust you can make it up on your own and hopefully not get confused by the shower controls."

"that was a long time ago.", he scoffed.

"sure, 'a long time ago'.", i said walking away, making sure i'm headed to where the woman went.

i checked one last time to see if loki was following me, but i didn't see or feel him near. i don't know whether i should be relieved or scared.