bonus chapter 1

BELLE'S APARTMENT, NEW YORK : 2017 

"have i told you lately, i'm grateful you're mine?"

third person's pov! (in other words, our pov!)

"i really do think we should be sleeping, darling.", loki murmured for the sixth time in the past 30 minutes.

belle persistently frowned, "but i really, really want to watch this movie with youuu!"

"alright, alright.", he huffed defeatedly, falling into the couch, "it will be morning by the time this movie ends."

she sat back down next to loki, after bringing out the red wine and chocolates from the kitchen and placing them on the table.

"we can sleep in tomorrow.", she said with a winning grin directed straight at her husband, before abruptly groaning, "i forgot the glasses."

he wrapped an arm around her waist before she got the chance to get up again, "don't worry about that, min kone."

green shimmered and two bordeaux wine glasses were on the table right next to the bottle of red wine and the box of chocolates. loki raised his arm dramatically in flair, and belle could only smile so widely it hurt. she loves it when he calls her his wife, especially in his own tongue since the words sound so very affectionate. she adores it so much that she was willing to fall to her knees and propose to him and take him as husband all over again.

she smiles at the memories. without looking, she briefly spins the golden ring on her left finger out of habit, just to make sure it was there, just to feel grounded at the solidness of it.

"thank you, mon mari.", she replied back and intentionally did what he did to her. loki pressed a kiss on her cheek with a smile as she tried to spread the blanket to cover both of them.

after a little bit of shuffling, her body was soon pressed against his.

"we're watching five feet apart by the way. this movie broke me and i loved it.", belle said, floating a piece of chocolate with her magic. she plucked it out of the air with her fingers, and put it in her mouth.

the chocolate immediately melted in her tongue and a pleased noise came out of her throat.

loki chuckled softly, "won't you offer me one? it sounds quite divine."

"take one yourself.", she joked, but floated a second piece, her golden wisps glazing over the dark chocolate.

"here comes the airplane.", belle teased, making the chocolate go up and down in the motion of a plane.

"i'm not a child-"

"aw, then don't be one. open up, love!"

he pursed his mouth, then opened it reluctantly, and belle then held the no longer floating chocolate and placed it in his mouth.

"good job, loki.", she grinned, as she retracted her fingers.

he munched on the delicacy with a scowl, "when are we going to start?"

"in just a moment.", belle said, "i think you're going to cry to it."

"i think not."

"hmm we'll see.", she said, grabbing the remote and hitting play.

20 minutes into the movie, loki popped the bottle open and poured the wine for the both of them.

an hour into the movie, they have finished all the chocolate.

an hour and a half into the movie, loki found himself watching belle instead of the tv screen.

the last 15 minutes of the movie, belle found herself holding out tissues for loki.

"it's so stupid.", he muttered while wiping away the tears.

if belle wasn't currently blinking away her own glassy vision, she would've blurted out to loki about how ethereal he looked right now, with glistening tear-filled emerald eyes and fresh reddened delicate lips.

the movie ended a while ago, but they continued talking aimless conversations and drinking up the rest of the wine.

the world spun hazily as they lost track of time.

loki remembers that belle had kissed his lips ever so gently that night. belle remembers that loki had asked her to do it again.

the both of them somehow ended up on the floor, in a heap of soft laughs and wine-stained kisses.

"loki."

"yes, love?"

"have i told you lately," she breathed out slowly for a second, "i'm grateful you're mine?"

loki had smiled softly, kissing her forehead, "i'm grateful i'm yours too."

they would stay here forever if they could. just the two of them, on the floor of this apartment, at this late hour.

maybe loki was right, they should have gone to sleep hours ago.

but belle knew guiltily, that she didn't regret this at all.

author's note:

spontaneous short story time of how this came to be!
so yesterday, i couldn't sleep no matter how hard i tried to, so i decided to make a playlist and bam the one and only bruno major's nothing played and i scrambled to open docs, and wham i ended up sleeping at 3 because of this. and let me tell you, i haven't gotten this ecstatic, over-the-moon feeling from writing in months. my streak sort of went down for a good long while and is still in that state honestly, but this chapter with belle and loki came so naturally, it felt like finally standing on two feet after weeks of my irregular rollercoaster attempts of writing.

anyways, thank you again for the some of you who's been waiting for the bonus chapters i've promised. i honestly wasn't sure if i could follow through or not at first, since i attempted to write one before this and it was a complete fluke that i left it for a few weeks and forgot- but i'm glad that this went well. it isn't much for a bonus, pretty irrelevant if i'm bluntly speaking, but i hope that this is a good enough gift i'm putting out for all of you<3
and also for belle and loki (who are very real in my heart so get going, haters >:|)   

lastly as i close off this too enthusiastic author's note,
stay safe and keep slaying wherever you are rn!
oh and drink more water. that's a threat for your own good.