chapter 24

"you feel warm and i'm so cold, maybe you can stay a while

"you feel warm and i'm so cold, maybe you can stay a while."

belle's pov!

the jazz music continued to bleed into the atmosphere, dulling and blending in as we both stood in the kitchen. we worked efficiently, i was mixing the second batch of cookie dough and he smoothed out the dough and cut shapes with the cookie cutters, and then i placed them on the tray to be baked.

"i think you forgot the cinnamon.", he said, as he took a piece of the cookie dough from my bowl and chewed on it.

"hey-", i blinked, "you weren't supposed to eat that!"

"needs a bit more sugar.", he noted after a while, grabbing another piece, "i'll try it again to make sure."

"lokes!", i laughed, "stop~"

"not even one more bite?", he said with a pout, "i'm sad now."

"drama queen.", i said and he gasped.

"you're correct on the queen, but the drama? darling, i'm offended.", he grumbled, "you don't love me."

my hands stilled, the mixing forgotten. i crept up behind him, and kissed both his shoulder blades, "you lie a lot, and sometimes you lie good, but that one was a terrible lie."

my hands gilded upwards and settled on his shoulders. i leaned, tiptoeing so i could be a little taller. i whispered in his ear, softly and meaningfully, "you know i love you, you idiot."

his breath hitched for a second. his hands putting the cookie cutters aside.

"careful who you're calling idiot, cartwright.", he whispered back, and gently grabbed my right hand off his shoulder, pulled it to his lips and kissed my fingers.

then he licked them and i jumped startled. i didn't move back.

"what are you doing?"

"hmm, what do you want me to be doing, darling?", he asked with a slightly deeper tone.

i felt tingly, heat warmed up my face, "i want you to never lick my fingers. it feels.."

my ears heated up next, as i struggled to find a word to describe what i'm feeling right now.

"..feels what?", he asked, now holding my wrist and kissing it, kissing the soulmark there.

it flared brightly. the flower glaring back the bright honesty of the strange feeling flowing in my veins.

"i don't know.", i said quietly, calmly.

i whispered again, next to his ear, so quiet i thought he didn't hear me, "it felt new."

"new?", his voice seemed to sound as rich as silk, so far away and too close at the same time.

"i don't know what to call it.", i confessed, only realising that there was no space between us.

it was like he's a book and i'm a book, and we're being put beside each other on the shelf, pressed together.

"i think," he said with shuttered breaths, "i think i, what was that midgardian term? hmmm. ah yes, i think i turned you on."

my eyes widened, i've never- with all my teasing, i've never felt something so directly intimate like this.

"loki, should- should i step away?"

"perhaps, but," he said, "you feel warm and i'm so cold, maybe you can stay a while."

"whisper something to me again.", he finally said, moving to grab the cookie cutter again.

the moment had calmed down a little.

"i want to kiss you.", i whispered without thinking, truthfully and unfiltered, "i want to kiss you so badly right now."

the moment didn't calm down any longer.

"then why don't you?", he teased softly, his tone dancing with playfulness, "i gave you my consent a long time ago."

i breathed unsteadily, "are you sure it's a good idea for us to be kissing right now?"

"i can't believe you're seriously asking that.", he murmured, "i'd kiss you in any state and in any form, in any time and in any place."

a thought sparked with that statement he said, but i pushed it down, afraid of making things uncomfortable.

"what do you really want, my heart?", he said when i didn't do anything, still hesitating.

i swallowed, "you said in any form."

"yes, i did.", he said calmly.

"then- then may i kiss you while you're you?"

the cookie cutter has been laid back down on the table a while ago.

he turned around, facing me, "are you sure? i freeze everything i touch."

"no wonder," i mumbled, a corny smile forming, "i freeze everytime you hold me."

his skin shimmered, blue starting to replace his pale skin, "are you sure about this, love?"

"only if you are.", i answered, "if you're not okay with this, then i'll kiss you just the same in your other form."

"i meant what i said.", he said, scarlet eyes now looking down at me tenderly.

whether his eyes were the color of the sea or whether his eyes were the color of forests or whether his eyes were the color of rubies, i still stare in awe every time.

i stepped closer, not that we were far away to begin with, but closer yet, closer to him, like he was a magnet and i was iron.

the next things that happened were careful and timid, like the beginning of a fire, one with soft embers that stroked to burning passion.

his body bumping into the table, my hands both placed on the wood of the counter, his body trapped in my embrace, my body leaning forward, my lips pressing to his with determination. his lips pressing back with just as much passion.

he didn't touch me in fear of freezing me, i didn't touch him in fear of his scared reaction. so our hands stayed where they were.

as our clothes crumpled against each other and our lips a vivid red, as we took our breath and inhaled the same air, we were lost and found, spiralling and soaring.

i stared at him and he stared at me. this closeness, this unspoken thing, this position, and yet. and yet–

we didn't touch.

author's note:

first of all, am i sorry that i made you all excited just to let you down on the end? hah no- okaY IN MY DEFENSE, YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN THIS COMING, I SUCK AT WRITING PASSIONATE SCENES, GOMENN D:

i'm sorry it took a while tho, i was a little bit occupied!
let me know if this is considered mature content? bcs i genuinely don't know if even that was explicit- but if it was then the story will be set to mature.

update on me (if u wanted to know) (which you probably don't):
i have a new character i'm simping over now, and idk how to deal with myself.