chapter 6

"you are the strongest soul i've ever met

"you are the strongest soul i've ever met."

belle's pov!

"loki, wake up.", i said worriedly that morning.

his face was heavenly as usual, but the longer i looked, the more i noticed just how abnormally flushed he was.

he stirred a bit, and finally opened his eyes, and i realised they were watery. i frowned, and only then i realised that his shirt was wet. it was drenched with his sweat.

i immediately shoved our blankets away, and pressed a hand on his neck.

"loki, you're so hot.", i said and he smiled or winced, i'm not sure.

"thank you.", he said raspily, "i am glad you think i'm hot."

"nono stupid, you're hot, you're literally burning up."

"ah, mild inconvenience, that's all.", he said trying to get out of bed, weakly at that too.

"don't you dare.", i said pushing him gently back down on the bed.

i placed my hand again on his forehead, and my anxiety sparked up again.

"stay in bed, and take your shirt off.", i said, as i turned the ac off.

"that's quite misleading."

"shut up.", i grumbled, tying my hair up, "you have a fever, and you ought to stay in bed."

"you can't seriously think i can contract a midgardian illness, darling.", he stated, a slight bit offended.

yet i noticed how he struggled to tug his shirt off, his face twisting with pain. his own body was failing him.

i walked up to him and helped him take his shirt off, and changed it with a dry, clean one. he was shivering slightly, just slightly and i noted the extra confirmation.

i laid him down on the bed, and made sure he stayed there. once i was sure he wasn't going to move, i quickly fetched a glass of water in the kitchen, and filled a bowl with cold water, along with grabbing a small towel from the laundry basket on the way back to the bedroom.

i set the bowl and towel on my desk and walked up to his bedside, and handed him the glass. he slowly tipped the glass, and water flowed out of the glass until there was no more.

i took back the glass once he was done, and set it aside on my desk to grab the towel and bowl.

he watched me as i dipped the towel into the water, squeezing out the excess water. i placed it on his forehead, shushing him when he started to complain.

"rest.", i said watching him sigh with pleasure at the wet cloth, "usually the body is really tired, and sleeping helps make you feel better."

he looked at me, those eyes saying all the unsaid comments about how stupid this was.