chapter 14

"only the sweetest of dreams to you

"only the sweetest of dreams to you."

belle's pov!

the amount of pain that flared through my muscles as i walked home was indescribable.

first of all, this morning i woke up tired as ever from last night's activities of once again staying up late to read a book despite loki already telling me not to, but did i listen? nooo, belle cartwright completely ignored her boyfriend.

i was late to the cafe that morning, and by the time i arrived, everything was absolutely perfect. all the tables were full that morning, and only then did i realise today's monday. absolutely impeccable timing indeed.

then, i ran into kyle. kyle romanian, the dirty blonde guy with blue eyes, who i rejected years ago. it was actually quite nice seeing him, mostly because for once he didn't look like he wanted something from me.

and i got to meet reina, a pretty woman with black hair and kind brown eyes. turns out, feng reina is from shanghai, and i was absolutely in awe when she started speaking in her native language, mandarin. most people would agree with me that mandarin is by far one of the hardest languages to learn these days.

it seems that kyle brought reina here for a coffee date, and with the way kyle was looking at reina as she talked about her teaching job and describing the students one by one, i knew that he was in love. i was happy for him and for her.

but that was probably the only good thing about this morning, since i had to deliver a bunch of deliveries and took over most of the cashier job for the remainder of the day. oh and on top of that, cole spilled a whole pack of cinnamon on my jeans in his rush and we got an order wrong thrice.

i've said it before, i'll say it again, i absolutely despise mondays.

as i dragged myself into the apartment, i gave loki the biggest smile i could. the both of us grimaced when i hit my foot on the doorframe.

"i'm alright.", i told loki as he looked at me, clearly not believing a word i said.

i went to the kitchen and opened the fridge after my shower, only to realise we ran out of eggs.

and bread.

and tomato slices.

and the cheese too.

dangit i relied on you cheese. traitor.

there goes my sandwich idea.

i suppressed a groan and turned around only to see loki leaning on the wall, with crossed arms.

he raised an eyebrow and i smiled, "what's up, love?"

"you."

i looked up, then i looked back down, "funny, i'm still on solid ground, sorry to disappoint you."