chapter 29

ASGARD : DECEMBER 25, 2015

"i get a kiss for my extra effort

"i get a kiss for my extra effort."

(sorry for the interruption again, but pls, LOOK IT'S THE ONLY MAN EVER *screams*)

belle's pov!

the minute we landed, i felt hands wrap around me, tugging me into a warm, stuffy hug, all the while accompanied with hearty laughs.

volstagg, hogun, fandral, and even sif had made me the center of their group hug, and i laughed along, missing them.

"we've missed your energy here, dear friend.", fandral said, once the hug ended.

"the both of us are also here.", thor mumbled with a small huff, blowing his hair from his face. loki crossed his arms, his lips set in a dramatic jealous purse, "it seems like they've forgotten about us, the royal princes of asgard."

"i've seen the two of you for centuries now. it gets old.", sif retorted, but gave each of them a welcoming pat on the shoulder. thor's was more genuine, and loki's was more aggressive, but both welcoming either way. volstagg grabbed a few cloaks and handed them to each of us.

"put them on. it's quite cold out there.", hogun advised.

i fastened the cloak's strings and we mounted on horses. loki had insisted i ride with him, with ease lifting me on the saddle, which made me blush fairly. my question was directed at him, who's chest brushed my back, "where are we heading to first?"

"the throne room in the palace. to announce ourselves to the allfather.", loki said plainly, then with enthusiasm he added, "and mother."

"your majesties- ow that hurts-", i said rubbing the spot where the queen pinched me. i know for a fact that she was just above the steps a few seconds ago.. how- how did she appear in front of me so fast??

she shook her head and said in her elegant voice, "i told you before, call me frigga."

"alright, uh, mama frigga, it's so nice to-", i cut off as she embraced me tightly. being hugged by the queen of the nine realms still brings an overwhelming feeling in me.

"mother, belle's lungs are suffocating.", loki commented with a laugh, as she loosened her hug a bit. though she still didn't let go.

"you look pretty as always, darling. but, this time, there's a certain change in the way you smell.", she hummed, pulling away from the hug, looking at loki, then back to me, then started whispering teasingly, "have you two been sharing a bed? you reek of him."

"mother!", loki whisper-shouted, pink tinting the surface of his pale cheeks, "let's not discuss this, please~"

"they definitely do.", thor quipped in faux oblivion, pretending like he doesn't know what he's about to say is going to suggest, "after all, her apartment only has one bed."

"thor!", it was my turn to whisper-shout and it was my turn for my cheeks to change color vividly.

"my sons.", the allfather greeted happily. it seems as though the festive mood had even made him a little jolly, "and daughter."

i almost reeled back, but managed to curtsy a little, "allfather."

he chuckled as if what i did was funny to him, "no need for formalities, we're family after all."

i blinked, hiding my complete and utter disbelief. what the king had said warmed me, but also took me quite aback. and i think loki was too much in shock to say a word too that he didn't even mention it as we were dismissed from the throne room.

loki and i had been assigned different rooms of course due to tradition, even though we both had wordlessly decided that we're going to sleep together anyways. not that we were doing anything particularly, but only because it felt more like a habit now.

i had been excited to know that my room is the same one i had been living in a few months ago. i had run to my room, memorising the way already, and not giving a care at the stares and mutters of nearby onlookers and passerbyers. i hadn't known, but one look from loki had shut them up anyways and sent them back to their own business.

when i pushed open those doors and stepped in, i had inhaled the smell of familiarity and immediately shuffled over and sank into the bed. i existed among the pillows i have so very much missed and memories i reminisce of the many nights, some no perhaps, most including loki in them.

i would've drifted asleep already if it weren't for loki knocking on the door and standing there, in the entryway of my room, which made me realise i had forgotten to close the doors again after i went bursting through.

he and i had separated, loki longing to be reunited with his room the same way i had been yearning for mine, so we agreed to part for a while. i smiled, appreciating him for closing my doors as he went through. his dark locks were damp and he was back to being dressed in his green garments. he had his leather pants back on and that soft tunic over his chest. in conclusion, i've missed him in asgardian clothing.

"this is why i knew i should check on you.", he said with a tutting noise, and kneeling at the side of my bed, his arms laying down on the soft duvet, then brushing the falling hair out of my own face.

"twenty more minutes.", i hummed out softly.

he frowned thoughtfully, "five."

"what? no, twenty.", i persisted, having the same energy as a customer who's cutting some bargain at a merchant's caravan.

"ten?"

"no."

"fifteen, with a nice warm bath all ready and prepared?"

i considered that, closing my eyes in thought and perhaps in drowsiness, "that's a good offer, yes."

"why yes, of course it is. although, i do have one more condition to that offer.", he said, and i listened, "i get a kiss for my extra effort."

"that's not up to you.", i said sleepily, with a grin. a cat grin, one like his, one like hela's.

i've missed hela. i wonder if she's doing okay in muspelheim.

parting from those thoughts, i saw loki still staring at me expectantly, almost demandingly. not the obnoxious demanding, more like the 7 year-old who so desperately wants another chocolate bar, despite having one a few moments ago. tempted to leave him hanging, i finally pecked his lips just as they began to open to complain. my loki seems to be a bit predictable now.

i smirked without holding back as he blushed, knowing full well that we kissed with our mouths open, knowing we don't do that often and can probably count how many times we have with one hand, and knowing that i had caught him off guard too.

i love having these newfound bursts of confidence out of nowhere, and being able to do things to loki that he could do effortlessly to me all the time. i'd probably be shy about it soon when that boost has faded, perhaps hide behind the blanket for a good long while.

"now that our deal is sealed, i get 15 minutes to myself. and maybe- maybe i'll give you another kiss, as a reward, if you don't interrupt my few minutes of sleep."

there were no interruptions during my quick rest, and a kiss was due when i woke up. 

author's note:

maybe i'm late to this but warm green tea with milk tastes so good~

currently feeling the vibes.
those slow days where you do nothing but listen to good days by sza on repeat vibes.