Guilt

'oh boy. It's starting.'

We go down the elevator and oh boy, was I nervous? I'll answer that if I will be alive enough to do that.

'where are we even going?'

"so..um..where are we going exactly? Is it helicarrier?"

"you do know everything."

"not about me."

"Fury just wants to make sure no more people die."

"I didn't know it was the day."

"no one is blaming you, he wants to make use of your abilities."

I nod at that and the elevator doors open. We get out of building start walking toward an empty lot. There aren't many people around, when we get close enough I see a quinje landed.

"we going on that?" I ask excited.

"Saves time."

We get inside the quinjet and I get busy looking around.

'everything's so cool.'

"you might want to take seat." Agent Coulson suggests me. I listen to him and take a seat and buckle myself up, and the pilot takes off from the ground. I get back up and stand near the pilot seat to look outside. It was so beautiful I forgot I was nervous for a moment. I sit down on a seat next to the pilot and for rest of our ride I don't take my eyes off of the view.

"enjoying the view?" agent Coulson asks me.

I look up at him and nod smiling.

"it's gonna get even better once we get there."

I look outside again and see a big ship on the ocean we were flying above. The quinjet lands on it and we go outside finally arriving. Everyone looked pretty busy and didn't pay much attention to us passing by. We go inside the ship and walk down hallways until we reach our destination. It was a big office with of course Fury in middle of it.

"Solanki. I assume you know why you're here." He says when he sees us arriving.

I stay silent for few seconds before I finally say something,

"...let me guess, the tessaract is lost." I say in low voice.

"'Stolen' would be the right word." He motions for agent Coulson to leave and once he does Fury turns to me again,

"I swear I didn't know this was the day it was all happening."

"that's not what you're here for. Do you know where it is?"

"with loki?"

"I need the coordinates."

"I can't tell you everything like that."

"more than 80 people lost their lives."

"i-I know I sound ridiculous and selfish but I can't mess up the timeline like that. I'm not supposed to be here in the first place."

"too bad, now you are."

"for real I can't just spill things. I can't intervene in the story."

"story? I've lost my men and they all had a life, a god is out there with unmatchable powers with an infinite energy source which can take down an entire city in a blink and you think this is a story?" he looks me in disbelief.

An uncomfortable silence fills the room for few seconds and I fear to look him in the eye. I can't find words to pronounce.

"....i-I would s-seriously l-love to save their l-life and I do want to h-help really, b-but you don't k-know how m-m-messy things can get if we c-change it's course."

"no, but one thing I do know is that I have to stop a bad guy and I'm running out of time." He says with anger in his eye which I still can't look up to.

"I c-can help ease t-things up a b-bit maybe, but i-I can't tell y-you everything happening." I finally take a look at him and he's waiting for me to continue,

"I don't know the exact location but Loki and Barton are in some underground lab. Trying to do their stuff."

"what stuff?"

"I can't tell. And Mr. Stark will figure that out eventually in few hours. And you will get him captured if that helps ease things up."

He looks at me with his usual serious tone before sighing and turning away.

"....i'm sorry." I murmur as I hold onto my own fingers tightly behind my back.

He looks back at me.

"that won't bring back the lives that will be lost."

Agent Coulson enters the office again,

"Agent Romanoff is back with Bruce Banner."

"Send them in."

He nods and leave us alone again and I just stare at him leaving, knowing what the future holds for him. Guilt washes over me, restricting me from moving any muscle.

'should I really interfere?'

"you have to stay with me if you want to stay hidden." Fury tells me.

I look at him and nod slowly.

'wish Mr. Stark would come back right now?'

He sits on his chair at desk and I sit down at one of two chairs in front of his desk. My nervousness takes over me again and I shake my right leg continuesly and look down at floor while Fury talks to his people in comms. I hear two people's footsteps coming closer but I don't look up.

"got you the person." I hear a familiar feminine voice. I don't look up but recognize the voice immediately.

'Scarlet freaking Johanson.'

i was fighting my urge to hug her tightly at the moment but at the same time I was trying not to move or get any attention.

'my circumstances couldn't be any worse.'

I start overthinking again and all the conversation fade in background as I fight with myself internally on what should I do. I could save so many people, change so many tragedy, change the course of the whole world. I totally miss the confused gaze of Natasha looking at me occasionally as Bruce is talking with Fury. After few minutes they both leave with me left with my own thoughts.