old memories

Stars covered the night sky as moonlight was glowing in the dark streets of the southern avenue. Only streetlights were on, all the lights inside buildings were off indicating everyone living inside were asleep as it was past midnight. The street was empty except one car that was hidden in the darkness, outside one specific apartment. inside the car were our beloved avengers getting ready for an ambush.

"Jarvis, what do you think?" Tony asked.

"I sense human presence inside, sir?"

"how many?"

"only one, he appears to be asleep at the moment."

"seems a little fishy." Natasha said frowning.

"scared of little dark, Romanoff?" Tony teased

"don't get me started, Tony."

"are we sure this is the place?" Steve asked.

"yep, signals are coming from 3rd floor with only one guy on target."

Jarvis displayed thermal vision infront of the trio of that apartment and it was clear that the apartment indeed had only one guy who was laying on his bed in his small bedroom.

"let's go as planned." Steve ordered.

Steve and Natasha got out of the car all suited up followed by Tony who had didn't waste any time to get in his iron man suit.

Iron man lifted a little above the ground and turned to other two,

"alright, I'll go and take my position. Don't be late, Tinkerbell." Iron man told them and flied away around the building.

Captain America nodded and started making his way inside the building with Black widow.

Both agents climbed the stairs without making any noise until they reached the door of the targeted apartment. Black widow came forward and started picking the lock.

Meanwhile Iron man was flying outside the apartment building to scan the area,

"see anything, buddy?" Iron man asked.

"no sir, cost is clear."

"no secret doors or passage ways?"

"I don't detect anything suspicious, sir."

"what about underground."

"it's all normal."

Tony frowned at the statement, it was unsettling how everything seemed normal. If there are chances that the teenager would be here then it should be more dangerous, doubtful and not something this normal looking place without any security. His patience levels were at peak at this moment because he just wanted to end this and bring the girl back home as soon as possible.

On the other hand black widow unlocked the door silently and entered inside with captain America following behind.

They were in a living room, which was dark obviously, but with faint moonlights from window, they were able to highlight some areas. Walls looked pretty worn out, carpet was dirty and the whole room was a mess, it didn't take a genius to understand that this house wasn't cleaned in days. The sofa was very dirty with junk food boxes and half eaten pizza left on the coffee table with empty beer bottles.

Both agents were walking with hushed footsteps, carefully not making any noise, black widow had her gun out ready to aim and shoot at site while captain had his shield in his hand.

Black widow looked at the bedroom door and turned to captain giving him the signal to move forward, to which captain replied with a nod and started moving towards it. When they were right outside the door, they could hear loud snoring of the person sleeping inside. they both looked at each other for confirmation, then captain America moved forward and kicked the door open loudly making the owner jolt awake in fear.