search continues

The gold walls and floor shined bright in front of 'Odin' as he sat on the throne, in a laid back position, drowned in his own thoughts. Loki was indeed angry after being tricked despite being the god of trickster, who could have thought Midgardians could pull of a trick on him, he who tried to take over them, them who are beneath him. did they really think they could get away with this unpunished? it was obvious he wouldn't sit straight and accept this insult, he will get on them back but first he would need to get his tessaract back.

On the other hand, Heimdall was busy guarding the bifrost like usual, Then he tightened his grip on the sword and opened the bifrost.

After few seconds a masculine figure came out

"Thor, welcome back home."

"Heimdall. Good to be back. I heard from Father he wants a word."

"indeed. He's unusually impatient." It would be a lie if he said he didn't notice this difference in Odin's behavior, of course nothing can hide from his golden eyes but he would have to wait and observe more before coming to a conclusion, this is Odin we're talking about.

" Then it must have been a very important matter."

"he's waiting for you at his throne."

"'l'll go and talk to father."

Heimdall bowed down in respect before Thor took his leave and used Mjolnir to fly towards his destination.

Thor had been pretty busy with his work, going from planet to planet, grieving, wandering around in space trying to make himself occupied which helped him overcome his brother's 'death' until his father called him for an urgent meeting. He left all his work and came back to Asgard.

He landed infront of the throne room and entered, greeted by 'Odin'.

" Thor, my dearest son." 'Odin' said almost in a mocking tone, putting more pressure in the word 'dearest'.

"Father? You wished for my presence?"

"oh yes, indeed I did."

"is there a problem?"

"my son, how have been your friends doing?"

"I do not understand." Thor said confused at a sudden question like that.

"your companions from Midgard. Who call themselves the avengers."

"...I haven't heard from them since me and Loki left last time, but I assume they are doing fine."

"of course, why wouldn't they? They are doing fine. They must be very happy."

"why such a question all of a sudden, father."

"do you remember the tesseract?"

"of course I do. After....Loki's schemes...but we retrieved it back at the end after all."

"or did we? do you know where is it at the moment?"

"safe in our chamber with the other treasures." Thor said frowning at those weird questions, he didn't understand what was going on. Why was his father acting like this all of a sudden.

"what is the matter?"

'Odin' lifted his hand in the air infront of Thor and the cube appeared on his palm. When he was sure Thor had all his attention on the cube he tightened his grip on the cube and kept increasing the pressure until the surface started cracking . Thor's face was covered in confusion and curiosity until the cracks increased and got bigger before eventually the cube shattered in his father's hand. Thor's eyes got wide and immediately stepped forward in surprise.