wake up call

Diya's POV

I lay on my bed with my laptop on my lap, watching movie. 'Avengers' to be specific, I've always loved it. Wish I could actually meet them, it would be so fun. Me and Loki would be buddies for sure. If only I could go there.

After the movie is finished, I close my laptop and put it away to sleep for the night, didn't wanna put two allnighters in a row. Can't say I was excited to go back to college next morning. Studying something you have no interest in really gives it you, and not that I have a social life to look up to everyday, it's same boring day every single time. I wish something excited would happen tomorrow. I close my eyes in not so good mood thinking about tomorrow.

I slowly open my eyes, which for some reason was very hard. I try to look around but it all was blurry and hard to focus on anything. I try to move but it all seemed so impossible. Even hearing anything was hard. I had this weird uncomfortable ringing in my ears that I couldn't get rid off. I give up on trying to move or get up. I struggle to remember what did I do last night that it feels so drained. I don't think staying up till late night can cause this much. Or is it because of that uncanny dream?

Dream? Dream? What was that about?

I remember now. I met all my favorite avengers in few days and got hurt. It was indeed odd. I mean, it was a dream, right?

Or was it?

My vision starts to get observable and I was expecting to be in my room at early morning. But I was wrong. It was an unusual room that I haven't seen before. I attempt to recognize all new details I see but couldn't put all the pieces together. Slowly the ringing in my ears stops and I hear some beeping noises from my left. I follow the sound to find a heart monitor showing slightly unhealthy rate of ECG.

I keep staring at the monitor, puzzled.

What was happening?

Then suddenly memories of past few hours start to come back and hit me like a train.

It wasn't a dream.

I remember it all. Coming here. Meeting everyone. Fighting for my life. getting hurt. It wasn't a dream. And that wound was also real. The wound.

I roll my eyes downwards trying to see it. But I couldn't. but I could feel it. The intense pain wasn't that bad now. But it was still there a little. I could feel it was treated properly now. Just at that moment I realize I was wearing an oxygen mask.

Shit.

My parents would be hella worried. 'Worried' is an understatement. I couldn't even imagine how they would feel seeing me like this. But one thing I'm for sure is that they wouldn't leave my side. At least I wouldn't have to wake up all alone. When someone said 'no one cares for you more than your parents' they weren't lying.

My family. Hope they don't miss me. Or at least didn't go through me being missing at all. Never missed them more. Living here was fun for few hours while it lasted. Maybe a dream come true isn't a dream come true at all. I only got hurt. Stuck in another universe all alone. If it ain't me.

I could feel tears in my eyes. why was I so weak? Crying at every minor inconvenience possible. I hated it. But at the same time I couldn't stop.

If eating my food alone at lunch break wasn't depressing enough, let's add me waking up all alon-

"kid?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

Mr. Stark?

3rd POV

Few minutes ago,

Tony walks down the hallway at SHIELD, like it's his everyday routing now. Coming here first thing in the morning, staying there for few hours, doing his work there and also keeping his eyes on and hopping to find a certain someone awake. But every time it was disappointment. It's been 3 days already. The more time she spends sleeping, chances of her never waking up increases.

He gets near her room's door but before he could open it, someone else walks out.

"capsicle. What are you doing here so early?"

"Stark....just came here to check."

Tony nods very slightly and looks down at floor, hesitatingly asking a question with a hint of hope in his tone,

"so....did...did she.."

"no, nothing yet..." Steve answers after signing,

"....so did you come here for her again?"

"not really, I like sightseeing here at SHIELD, it's really refreshing. Are you looking for tickets too?"

"you know we're all here to take care. I check every now and then, Natasha also comes here sometimes, Coulson's making sure she gets all the right treatment and come here on every free minute he gets."

"but it's not gonna wake her up, is it?"

There is a short pause before Steve continues again,

"does she not have any other friends besides family?"

"guess not." Tony lies professionally. He very well remembered Diya talking about her personal life on their little time together they had. She mentioned having problems with making friends because of her low social skills, but she indeed had an old friend she could rely on always. But the trouble is, she is not with her. She's stuck here, on her own, leaving her family and friend behind.

Guess that's why he was trying even more to stay by her side. He doesn't want her to wake up all alone thinking there is no one by her side.

"now, if you excuse me." Tony ends the conversation and enters the room to find her sleeping just like the last time he saw her. No improvement.

He takes a deep breath and walks closer to her and sits at a chair on her right, and keeping an eye on her. But seeing her on this condition was hurting. He looks down at floor thinking of what can he do to make it better for few seconds, and looks back at her, only to get an unexpected but needed surprise.

He sees her eyes slightly opened, looking on her left at the ECG monitor then changing her gaze to ceiling with watery eyes, on verge of crying.

Tony gets up from his chair quickly and makes sure he doesn't take his eyes off of her. It doesn't take long for him to realize she hasn't noticed his presence yet.

"kid?" he says hopping for her to hear his call.

Then slowly she fixes her eyes on Tony, and starts to blink swiftly.

"doctor? DOCTOR?"

After few seconds a nurse enters the room and sees Diya woken up and gets out to get the doctor.

Diya's POV

Wait, was he here all along? I didn't wake up alone?

"doctor? DOCTOR?"

I exhale long, in not so sure what feeling. Guess it was a little overwhelming. Waking up to all of this and finding Mr. Stark there for me while I was expecting....no one. Suddenly I hear the door open and someone else comes by my side. I don't know him but he was probably a doctor by his clothing. He checks on me and tells Mr. Stark something I was too exhausted to pay attention to. They were having a discussion and I was just looking at Mr. Stark who was actually....worried? did he really care that much about me? I remember the talk I had with the avengers when I was in jet, do they really care that much to work as a team and even stay here for me? Are they supposed to? Or was I just dealing with social issues again? Am I even worth it?

Whatever it is I'm glad they are here for me, I'm glad to not wake up alone. I'm glad Mr. Stark is here.