is this the end?

I look at them, the avengers. Surrounding Loki, ready to take him down if he takes a wrong move while he accepts his defeat. I lay still at the couch, feeling proud of them. And feeling relief as it's all over finally. My one hand holds tight my blood stained T-shirt which has a stab wound underneath. It still hurts, a lot. It was getting colder and I couldn't understand if it was just me or everyone. I thought after all this relief, my heart would calm down, but it was total opposite. I could feel my heart beat getting faster. All the strength I was using up until now to keep my eyes open has drained out. I couldn't stop them from getting shut down. Not anymore. The last thing I hear before they completely shut off was a voice. Couldn't figure out who it was. Guess I'll never know.

3rd POV

Coulson who was standing near the couch, watches the avengers as they capture Loki. Thor handcuffs him and put an end to his scheme. He signs in relief before looking at Diya, who was having hard time staying awake.

"kid?"

She doesn't respond, but only stare at nothing with half open eyelids.

He walks closer and gets down to her level. Her breathing has become slow. Too slow for anyone's liking.

"Diya, can you hear me?"

Again, she doesn't respond and slowly closes her eyes completely.

"Diya, open your eyes, you can't give up this far." He says shaking her shoulders lightly.

All the avengers and Loki turn their head to his voice and find him trying to wake the teenager. Worry covers their faces and doesn't take Tony too long to run to her side.

"what is happening? Why isn't she waking up?" Thor asks.

"blood loss has gotten to her."

"Jarvis?"

" I'm afraid she's going into hypovolemic shock. If she doesn't get treatment immediately, she might get into coma."

"we can't wait any longer, Stark. We have to take her to the hospital right now." Steve says coming closer as well.

Tony carefully picks her up to fly to the nearest hospital. His worry only gets bigger looking at her. Clothes socked in dried blood, her skin has gotten pale and cold, It didn't even take any effort to carry her because how weak she has gotten.

Then suddenly a SHIELD jet lands outside at balcony and the medic team enters the penthouse, ready to take control of the situation. Tony quickly carry her inside and lay her down on the bed gently. The doctors and nurses doesn't waste any time to start their work. Tony and Coulson stays with her while rest of the avengers stay at tower watching over Loki.

The medic team try their best to keep her alive until they reach SHIELD facility. Tony paces back and forth angry at the fact that he can't do anything other than hoping she'd make it out of it. He thinks how he could have prevented it in many ways. He could have gone against Fury when he caller her back that night, or he shouldn't had let her face Loki alone, he could have kept her with him when helicarrier got attacked. But this all was not gonna make this situation any better.

Coulson on the other hand was feeling guilty, because she got hurt changing his fate. He couldn't trade his life with someone else's. It doesn't take much time for them to reach Triskelion, and they rush to the hospital ward.

Tony and Coulson can only wait outside, hopping for a better news. After few minutes Coulson leaves to update Fury about the circumstances.

Couple of hours later,

Doctors finally come out, after a long wait.

"she's out of danger for now. But it'll take time for her to wake up, she will also feel weak for few days but eventually it'll get better."

Tony, now out of his Iron man suit who was waiting outside her room feels relief hearing that. He quickly goes inside to find her sleeping on her bed. He slowly approaches her as this was almost overwhelming to see her in such state. She was no longer that shy but smiling girl he had met few days ago. He really wanted to hear her speak again, Even if for a short time he had taken responsibility of her safety.

He can only anticipate to see her awake soon, so he can take her back home, away from this all. But only time would tell what the future holds.

He sits on a chair in that room for a while, waiting to find her awake soon. Few minutes passes but each seconds feels like hours in the silence, with only heart monitor's beeping noise filling the void. Then Fury enters the room to take a look at her condition.

Tony takes his eyes of off Diya and look at Fury,

"are you happy now?"

"we didn't wish for this to happen."

"but you knew how dangerous it was, didn't you?"

"she did too. I gave her a responsibility, to make a choice, if she could fight for something bigger than her. And she chose to fight."

"once she wakes up, she'll be back with me." Tony says after a pause.

Fury nods his decision and leaves the room before taking a look at the girl.

Steve and Bruce who had come back from tower was now back at SHIELD, walking down the hallway to Fury's office. The elevator's doors open and they walk in to find Fury working on paperwork.

"Fury."

"captain?" He looks up from his desk at Steve.

"we need to talk."

"I'm assuming it is about her."

"there is something you're not telling us."

"she's not a scientist, is she? I tried to check but no one has ever heard of her." Bruce says.

"guess it was about time you figure out, doctor, captain."

"Loki wanted her for something else, what was it?" Steve asks recalling Coulson's words.

"I'm afraid I can't fill you up on that. We made a promise with her, it was her requeast."

"...is...she okay now?"

"she's still not awake. Tony is with her. You should go and meet her."

Steve and Baner nods and leave his office to go to her room. When they enter, they find Tony never so serious before.

"did you get him?"

"he's in his cell, but secretary Ross has the cube and scepter."

"sorry, what?"

"they said it's SHIELD's property and took it back."

Tony signs in frustration and sync back in his chair. Steve and Baner finally look at Diya, who was resting on her bed, asleep.

"what did the doctor say?"

"it'll take some time for her wake up."