unknown feeling

3rd POV

Tony enters his garage with messy hair and a glass of green smoothie in one hand, he takes a look around the room and lets out a sign then walks over to his desk, with many screens with different content. He takes a sip from the smoothie and puts the glass down on the table and focuses on one specific display. God knows how many hours he was going to work on this topic, and skip his sleep. Not that he has a good sleeping schedule anyways. But he had to complete this workload. After all, he made a promise. 

Tony sits on a chair and rests his legs on the table and rubs his forehead tiredly, knowing he still a load of work left.

“Jarvis, call Banner.”

“Dr. Banner is on the line.”

Jarvis quickly obeys the order and puts Dr. Banner on line and soon Tony hears Banner's voice over the call.

“Tony?”

“hey Banner, enjoying your little trip?”

“This doesn’t exactly feel like a vacation.”

“Why not?”

“Tony, this whole multiverse theory you told me, it’s blowing my mind. I haven’t stopped thinking about it.”

“we are kind of on the same boat here.”

“so how’s the kid?”

“She’s doing fine. Can walk properly now.”

“Did you tell her already?”

“Not yet.” Tony replies with a sign.

“Then when? You know we’ll have to inform her sooner or later.”

“of course I know that. I will tell her today. After I get the info I sent you to get.”

“Now what am I about to tell you, listen carefully. I went to her hometown like you told me to. I checked everything. Any possible lead but all ends to nothing. She doesn’t exist in this universe. I looked on her family background too but here’s the thing, they don’t exist either. She doesn’t have any variant in here like you suspected.”

Tony listens to his words carefully, taking everything in. He wasn’t sure what he was expecting but it surely wasn’t this. It goes against the theory Diya told him about the multiverse that exist in their world. Well that was the last thing he needed to know before he talks to the girl about this matter.

“Well that was unfortunate. Guess that settles one portion of our work.”

“I’m coming back with the next flight so we can discuss about that file you decrypted.”

“Don’t be late or I’ll start the party without you.”

“You better wait for me on that one.” 

With that Banner cuts the call and Tony stays on his chair for a little longer before finally getting up and walking out of the garage. 

Diya's POV

I sit in the living room on couch with my sketchbook on my lap, drawing something while listening to miss Peper talking about her stories who was also working on her laptop at the same time.

“….and then he almost blew the car.”

“that’s…..very like him.” I say smiling.

“He's crazy.”

There’s a comfortable silence between us as we continue on our tasks in our hands. Spending time with miss Peper is always calm. She’s really caring and charming and definitely someone you can see as your idol. Unlike Mr. Stark she’s very calm all the time. Lucky for me I like both sides of them. I’m more of a quiet type so miss Peper is comfortingly peaceful and Mr. Stark is chaotically fun. I still occasionally miss my world. My family and best friend, one good thing is I don’t have to attend that stupid college for now. Honestly, I’m really enjoying my time here. But is it bad to feel this way? Am I being a bad person?