2

THE three boys and jordyn are scrunched together on a couch

THE three boys and jordyn are scrunched together on a couch. hopper and callahan sit opposite. the kids were all talking over each other.

"whoa, whoa, whoa. one at a time. you, you said he takes what?" hopper pointed at mike.

"mirkwood." mike responded. "mirkwood?" hopper asked.

"you ever heard of a mirkwood?" hopper asked callahan. "sounds made up." officer callahan shrugged.

"it's from lord of the rings." lucas commented. "the hobbit." dustin corrected.

"it doesn't matter." lucas argued. "he asked!" dustin exclaimed.

"he asked!" lucas mocked dustin jordyn let out a small chuckle. "hey what'd i just say? one at a damn time." hopper snapped.

"you." he pointed at jordyn. "it's a real road its just the name that's made up." jordyn responded.

"what's it's real name?" hopper asked. "i have no clue, it's where cornwallis and kerley meet, i guess." jordyn answered shrugging her shoulders.

"yeah i think i know it." hopper muttered nodding his head. "we can show you." mike said.

"i said i know it." hopper nodded. "we could help look y'know." jordyn added.

"no, after school you go straight home. all of you." hopper ordered. "that means no biking around looking for your friend, no investigating, no nonsense. this isn't some lord of the rings book." he added.

"The Hobbit." dustin corrected making lucas groan.

Hopper stands up making his way over to the kids, staring down at them. "do i make myself clear?" hopper asked.

they looked up at him and nodded.

jordyn was in her room, laying on her bed flipping through a fashion magazine as her music played through her walkman

"jordyn jordyn it's mike do you copy?" mike asked.

jordyn groaned pausing her music walking over to her desk grabbing her walkie talkie.

"yes i copy." jordyn groaned walking back to her bed, grabbing her magazine