31

THE GROUP CAME out of the garage and hopped into the wheeler wagon

THE GROUP CAME out of the garage and hopped into the wheeler wagon. Nancy driving, Jonathan in the passenger seat.

Max, Eleven, Lucas and Will are the first to get in the back seat. which leaves jordyn and mike to sit all the way in the back.

"seriously?" mike asked. jordyn rolled her eyes, she acted annoyed.

knowing damn well she wanted to sit by mike.

they pull up into the driveway. nancy and Jonathan stand side by side at the door.

behind them, el, max, lucas, will, jordyn, and
mike. nancy rings the doorbell. once, twice. nothing, nancy and Jonathan look back at eleven.

eleven concentrates on the door and flicks her head up. the door opens. the group enters the house cautiously.

"Tom? Heather?" nancy asked. "jeez, it's freezing." max said covering her arms, shivering. the group enters the hallway and into the den.

nancy sniffs the air. jordyn furrowed her eyebrows scrunching her face. "do you guys smell that?" nancy asked.

mike, lucas, will, max, jordyn, and eleven sniff the air and look at each other.

"it stank as fuck. why the hell it smell like that? it's strong!" jordyn scrunched her nose. she then let out a loud grunt then covered her nose.

on the tipped over fridge, several bleach based cleaning products are spilling, the smell is getting strong.

"more chemicals." nancy said. like the rest of the house, the kitchen is a mess. jonathan picked up a can of comet.

"you think they're guzzling this shit?" jonathan asked. "yeah, either that or they just went on a hell of a cleaning spree." nancy said.

"but last year, Will didn't eat chemicals." max said. she turned to Will, "did you?" she asked.

"no, this is something new." Will said. "mr. clarke, fifth grade, posit. what happens when you mix chemicals together?" mike said.

"you create a new substance." lucas, jordyn, and will said in sync. "what if they're making something?" mike asked.

"in themselves? i mean come on, if you drink this crap, it'll kill you." max said. "yeah... if you're human." jordyn said in a duh tone.