11

JORDYN sat down on the couch next to eleven watching the boys

she started dozing off a little, so she didn't really listen to the whole conversation.

"right jordyn!" mike raised his voice. "oh uh yeah right." she nodded standing up.

"you ok?" mike asked. "yeah just a little tired. didn't get any sleep last night" she shrugged walking to the boys.

"ok." mike slowly nodded. she gave a nod back with a awkward smile.

"what we want to know is do you know where the gate is?" lucas asked. eleven softly shook her head no.

"then how do you know about the upside down?" lucas asked stressfully.

"maybe wherever she came from they talk about it a lot." jordyn shrugged.

dustin started messing with his compass. "dustin, what're you doing?" mike asked.

"dustin?" dustin! dustin!" mike repeated. "i... i need to see your compasses." dustin stammered.

"what?" lucas asked. "your compasses. all of your compasses, right now!" dustin ordered.

everyone gave dustin their compasses. "what's exciting about this?" mike asked.

"well, they're all facing north, right?" dustin asked. "yeah, so?" mike shrugged.

"well, that's not true north." dustin replied. jordyn furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

"i mean exactly what i just said. that's not true north." dustin said.

"are you both seriously this dense?" lucas asked.

"the sun rises in the east, and it sets in the west. right? which means that's true north."

"so what you're saying is the compasses are broken?" mike asked.

"do you even understand how a compass works?" dustin sighed. "do you see a battery pack on this?" dustin asked.

"no." mike retorted. "no, you don't. because it doesn't need one, the needle's naturally drawn to the earth's magnetic North Pole." dustin explained.

jordyn sighed rolling her eyes and sat by eleven. "h- hi." eleven said. "hey." jordyn smiled.

"i- i'm sorry." eleven spoke. "for what?" jordyn asked. "everything." eleven said. "you did nothing wrong." jordyn reassured. "then why does your brother hate me?" eleven asked.

"he's just trying to protect us, that's all." jordyn reassured. "is he always like this?" eleven asked. "yes, all the time." jordyn sighed. "i missed talking to you." eleven confessed.

"aww i missed you too." jordyn smiled side hugging eleven. she smiled and rested her head on jordyn's shoulder

 she smiled and rested her head on jordyn's shoulder