18

"THE CASE of phineas gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time

"THE CASE of phineas gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time." mr. clarke started off. jordyn was picking at her cuticles not paying attention to anything that was going on until-

"i am so sorry, mr. clarke, really i'm so sorry please continue with the class. don't mind me, really continue please." dustin barged in.

"thank you, although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as i said." mr. clarke continued. Dustin turned to me and max. "av club." he mouthed. the girls nodded.

in the av room dustin was holding some type of bug or i don't know

in the av room dustin was holding some type of bug or i don't know. "his name is d'artagnan. cute right?" dustin said.

"what the hell is that?" jordyn asked. "jordyn, i have no idea i just found it in a trash can." dustin said.

"it's ugly." jordyn said. "be nice." lucas whispered. "i'm not tryna be mean I'm being deadass." she said.

Mike tried to pass the creature but she quickly shook her head no. "come on jordyn it's not bad." mike said. she shook her head again.

"at first i thought it was some type of pollywog." dustin said.

Mike was still teasing jordyn with the creature. "mike you're not funny, i swear im gonna slap you and that bug in the face." jordyn said backing up a step.

"pollywog?" lucas asked. "it's another word for tadpole." dustin said. Mike passed it onto dustin.

"awww were you scared?" mike asked. "shut up 'for i punch you in the throat." jordyn said.

"awwwww you were." mike teased. "looks like something's moving inside of it." lucas called out.

jordyn looked at it in disgust as it screeched. "i got you little guy, i know you don't like that, it's okay." dustin said holding it.

"and there's another thing, reptiles, they're cold-blooded. ectothermic, right? they love heat, the sun. dart hates it, it hurts him." dustin said.

"so, if he's not a pollywog or a reptile- then i've discovered a new species." dustin cut off lucas with a smile. then the bell rung.