16

"Why are you working when you just gave birth a few days ago?" The king asked Taeyong when he found him helping with the kitchen along with Yeri crying in his arms.

"Jaehyuns gone on business. There's no one at home and Jaemin's smitten by Jeno I found it lonely at home. Would you like something to drink sweetie?" Taeyong smiled tiredly at the gorgeous golden skinned beauty. The younger pouted then shook his head with a sigh.

"Go home Mother. The others would take care of the kitchen." Donghyuck lent up to kiss Taeyongs cheek then pecked Yeri's forehead as he left the kitchen leaving the cooks quite shocked at the sudden change of behaviour.

Mark slapped Donghyuck's fatass playfully, making the King whimper and rub his ass with a pout. He glared at the older, the handsome man winked at the King, checking the beautiful boy, dressed in black pants and a loose laced shirt. Donghyuck never initiated anything but he let his husband do as he please.

"It hurt....." A visible ear drop was given to the older.

"Should I slap more softer next time?" Teased Mark only getting a annoyed nudge in the stomach.

"I hate you......." Donghyuck hissed at Mark. "Have you see Chenle anywhere? I want tea. You were my servant.......Make your wife some tea Mr Lee. He's exhausted by going through every map in the library!" The younger groaned loudly. The older chuckled, caressing the bare gold flanks that he touched after sneaking his arm under his wife's shirt.

"Go cuddle up. I'll bring you your tea."  Mark kissed the boys forehead as Donghyuck blushed walking away.

Renjun avoided Donghyuck, the younger didn't try to speak to him either. He just cuddled up on the bay window, looking out into the kingdom he was king for, he felt lonely then again he secretly was thankful he had Mark by his side. His husband came in with his tea and his brother scoffed shaking his head.

"You still treat him like a servant. Don't you?" Renjun bitterly hissed at Donghyuck who sat up happily for some tea.

"Renjun stop it." Mark ordered as he gave his wife his tea then bobbed their noses together. Donghyuck then smiled up at the older, the fact that Chenle came running to give the King a piece of cake and how the brunette giggled taking it from those arms, made Renjun confused.

"Thank you!! Have you eaten a piece yet?" The King made Chenle take a bite then popped the entire piece of chocolate cake into his mouth. Mark frowned as the two boys started laughing.

"Junnie!! Do you want a piece to? It's delicious!!" Chenle squealed skipping towards his lover.

"What's wrong with Haechan? He's acting different. Most probably pulling a prank to make us believe he's a sweetheart." Renjun hissed making Lele pout as Donghyuck ran out of the drawing room.

Mark slammed the beauty on an empty hallway, their lips crashing as he stole a little of the chocolate cake right of his wife's mouth. The younger  blushed pushing his husband's face to a side. Then gasped when he remembered tomorrow's event.

"It's father's birthday tomorrow. Can't believe the it's already been so long!" Donghyuck smiled, the sudden change of Marks face made him furrow his eyebrows.

"We leave on the second sunrise. That is, after your father's birthday. You'll be happy though that your servant husband isn't here for you." Mark laughed but Donghyuck pushed him away and walked off.

Why did it hurt all of a sudden? It wasn't that long since he changed, but it had been four months and eleven days since they were married. His heart felt heavy, like it dropped to the depths of his stomach. He ran to his room and stood at the window, breathing heavily. He didn't understand what it was, yet he never kicked Mark out even though he knew he married a servant. Why did his heart squeeze with fear that Mark would leave him? After all he was a bitch toward him right?

"Baby what's wrong?" Mark hugged him from behind, the squeeze was evident, a soft kiss falling on his shoulder blade. It made him want more, he wanted this to happen every day of his life. To have Marks shadow engulf him until forever ends.

"Don't go....." The whisper came out soft like a whoosh of the wind.

"I promise I'll come back." Promises were always meant to be broken. Knowingly or unknowingly.

As the birthday commenced with lots and lots of joy and laughter, Donghyuck stood at the balcony with his crown as king. Each year on the former kings Birthday every citizen of the Moon Kingdom was provided with free food and clothes. That day was only meant for happiness and good luck.

"Where is Mark? Have you shunned him from attending the balcony ceremony?" Taeil asked his horrid son, those  bear orbs stared down at his husband, full of smiles, spinning around with Jaemin, Xiaojun, Yang Yang and Chenle. He also had Yeri cuddled in his arms, a tear rolled down his eye as he looked at his father.

"My boy........What's wrong?" Taeil caressed the chubby cheek, he whispered worriedly. Donghyuck just shook his head as he went inside the palace to go be with his man.

Taeil noticed the boy who had always been a tyrant, you had never obeyed, who broke rules for his satisfaction now seemed so upset, small and in...........love. He smiled, his decision was correct, he knew Mark would take his ferocious little Pudu or Bear whatever that suits his nasty son. When Mark pulled him in for a quick kiss before he dragged him to his family, Taeil's heart lightened.

"Oh sweet sweet Haechan. Now you'll no longer blame yourself for a crime you never did. Mark would make you forget, I wish you well my baby boy." Mumbled Taeil as he turned to his wife's like nothing happened.