30

His heart whispered softly about the older being close to him. He felt like he was being watched but couldn't decipher from where I was coming. He stared at his reflection, his crown proud on his head. Search parties were combing every inch of the Moon Kingdom, he knew deep down that Mark would never leave him. It was not just love that night, it was more, it was a bond. So strong, powerful and unbreakable.

"Where are you?" Donghyuck whispered softly.

"Donghyuck......There's no sign of Mark anywhere. No one has seen him,  leave or even runaway." Jeno marched into the king's chambers.

"Sire, There's a rumour spreading that he left you after sex. Also that you killed him because you hated him." Hendery mumbled standing beside Jeno.

"People aren't trustworthy are they? They hated me as I was previously and it only takes them seconds to build trust as much as it takes seconds for them to loose it. What more do they need? My life?" Donghyuck scoffed bitterly.

Mark lost so much of blood on his head that he was not even strong enough to speak. He banged on every wall, hoping someone, anyone would hear him but none did, not even his own wife. He tore his jacket as he tied a thick piece of fabric around his head to stop the wound from bleeding further. The sight of his wife slowly fall off into pieces killed him, why would someone want such a sweetheart dead just for a place on the throne?

"Look for him. I want him back, dead or alive I don't care I want my husband back." Donghyuck spoke through clenched jaws. He knew the people around him was driving him insane but he won't let that happen. Ever. As the men left Ten came inside to check on him since his mother's were worried sick about him and he wasn't seeing them whatsoever.

"Leave. I'm not having visitors." Donghyuck kept staring at the mirror, he didn't know why, the urge to keep staring at the looking glass for hours. His heart wasn't at peace, until it finds his other half.

"I know. But just here as a friend. Don't take what your grandma said at breakfast to heart. Mark loved you so much, he spoke only of you when we met him at our kingdom. The boy loves his tyrant king more than his life. Everyone is looking for him, you'll find him soon dear." Ten caressed the Kings shoulder with a side hug. That morning Beatrice chose the wrong words to hurt poor Haechan.

"Perhaps he left after he got what he wanted from you. Servants are such ungrateful wretches. I'm telling you Taeil, you chose the wrong person for our Donghyuck."

"I love him......I love him so much. He would never leave me. I know. It hurts here." Donghyuck hiccuped squeezing his heart, it were as if Mark had become his beating master within his body.

"Just like how you found him when he went missing after the war, follow your heart." Ten kissed the boys forehead as he left the King's quarters.

With no water, food or any sort of fresh air Mark was disgustingly wet with sweat. The older tried so hard to stay alive for him, for his little jealous bum, for his King. For Donghyuck. There were no windows, no ounce of sunlight,nothing. Donghyuck slipped down the mirror crying, why was his life so full of pain?

"Oh I really hope he finds Mark soon. Why would anyone even kidnap or even try to kill that boy?" Kun sighed with worry as he sat at the drawing room with Doyoung and Taeyong.

"Yes. My poor baby is falling into depression, he fell too hard for the boy. Taeyong dear......Did Mark tell you anything?" Doyoung squeezed Taeyongs pale arm.

"He told me nothing. The last thing he said was "Mother.........I'm going to love him tonight. Wish me luck Taeyong Shi. I really hope he isn't dead." The mother teared up crying softly into his arms.

Jaemin was slowly falling sick, most probably he was pregnant but he still joined the Knights to go find his brother. Renjun led the party as Chenle stayed back with Xiaojun, Yang Yang and Shotaro. Donghyuck would join the men but found nothing, not a trace of his husband. Did he really leave him? Why wasn't Irene here now?

"Hyung you should eat something. Or else you'll fall sick." Chenle pouted at the King staring into space. He looked tired, famished, thin and sickly. Everyone was afraid for the King, Marks life slipped off right under the younger boys nose.

"Jaemin is sick too. So is Hyuck. Maybe they are both pregnant?" Yang Yang whispered gasped.

"Can't be though........Wendy checked him yesterday and said nothing if him pregnant though." Said Xiaojun with a frown.

"It's been almost a month since Mark went missing. So if they had done it maybe he might or might not. I hope Hyung is alive somewhere." Chenle pouted patting his seven month old baby bump. Donghyuck heard nothing, instead he stared into space, empty and void.

Donghyucks heart hurt constantly as if a dagger was stuck in his heart. Just like the first time Mark went missing. He hugged his knees close to his chest, eyes parched after hours and days of crying. Beatrice rolled her eyes at the King.

"He's prolly dead inside that. You'll start wondering why there's a foul decaying smell in your room soon enough. You'll find your husband's skeleton by the time to find where the smell is coming from. By then you'll be crazy and I'll kill you by accidentally pushing you off the balcony and say you commited suicide because your husband was found dead." Beatrice mumbled to herself with a bloody smirk on her cruel face.

Kun gasped at what he heard his own mother mutter under her breath. He hide behind the curtains before the woman saw him standing there listening to her.