18

Months slowly slipped by, the wait was painful. The way he yearned for his husband so much was insane, Donghyuck hadn't slept in days, he couldn't for his sister seemed to haunt him too much. Irene was everywhere, to a point that he assumed he was going bonkers and that it was no more a hallucination but an actual haunting, Chenle was pregnant, they had found out last week. The boy had been so delighted that he wouldn't stop gushing about how happy Renjun would be if he saw him carrying his baby when he comes back. The King forbade him to work, alas the boy was more afraid that his beloved hyung would go crazy if he didn't check on him from time to time.

"Hyung!!! Junnie sent us a message!" Chenle ran to Donghyuck. Panting that the prince might have asked about the king. But no he hadn't, instead he had only asked about their father, mother's and Chenle. No one else. It seemed like Renjun no longer even loved his brother. It seemed as if none wanted the King after he became a better person.

"He hates me. Everyone does." Donghyuck whispered as he hugged Chenle tightly.

"Hyung......Mark doesn't hate you. He chose you even when you were bitch. Believe in him, he'll not betray you. Renjun says they'd be returning very soon." Chenle smiled happily.

Mark was beyond happy to finally see his beautiful wife, to shower him with kisses and love. He looked forward to seeing Donghyuck, to keep his promise and attack him with all the affection he could possibly shower on that naughty bear. The older and the men were slightly injured but they were alive, winning against the pirates, earning pride to the Kingdom of Moon, Johnny recovering and peace falling upon the Kingdom of the Sue's. They were on their way back, after months of battling against the sea warriors they finally were heading home. Alas, Misfortune loved to crush the hopes of peoe as she doomed on their lives.

"Mark!!! Your Highness!!" The men in front shouted at the men at the back. While they were crossing the forests, under the mavath that continuously showered for days, drenching the men to the core of their bones. The horses started neighing and stamping, which meant it was danger was closer or was about to happen any time soon.

Not long after the horses started running for their life's, leaving their riders. The mavath had loosened the mountains. The sudden breaking echos of a distant danger, made the men look up as the rocks of hard ice above started rolling down, it was an avalanche. All of them ran forth, to avoid the natural disaster, the petrified look on everyone's faces, the hope of making it through alive. The need to get home safe dawned on them as they ran with all their might but sadly the snow flooded above them like a tsunami, the white sheets of sucking cold snow, crashed above the men in thick heavy blankets, leaving half buried under the deep layers of snow.

"Mark!!! Renjun?! Guys!!!" Jeno screamed, looking for them everywhere, the men left no place unturned.

The King waited eagerly for his husband, just like how Jaemin, Chenle, Shotaro, Xiaojun and Yang Yang along with the rest of the men's families waited for their men to come home. Donghyucks heart kept beating harshly against his ribs, fright denting heavily on his heart that wasn't used to waiting for anyone, unlike other people the brunette was someone who had never felt love for anyone, he wasn't used to having butterflies in his stomach. He ran downstairs happily as the villager's started cheering. Hoping to see his husband.

"Jeno!!!" Jaemin ran into the silver haired man. Hugging him tightly, alot of wives ran into the arms of the men who arrived several weeks later after the letter. The joy that some had the others didn't for half of them hadn't returned.

"W-Where is Mark?" Donghyuck went down the stairs, his eyes darting to and fro. Pleading and in pain.

"Junnie? Where's my Junnie?!" Chenle held his baby bump, Shotaro literally blacked out in the arms of his mother as his baby cried loudly. Xiaojun and Yang Yang just stood like status unable to express their grief.

"We ran into an avalanche created after a Mavath. We looked for them everywhere your majesty but found none. No bodies, no sign of life, there was a puddle of blood at one spot but we didn't find anyone there." Jeno bowed as the Queen's came running, Taeil too.

No one gave glance to the poor King, no one cared for him. He didn't blame them, he had earned that himself, he went upstairs to his room, he started breathing heavily, his visions turned hazy as he collapsed on the floor feeling his right side go numb and lifeless. He squeezed his heart, he wanted to scream but he couldn't, a shadowed image of someone appeared on his dulled out visions, words didn't come out of his mouth. His clothes were drenched with sweat and he started loosing conscious.

"Donghyuck?!" Jaemin's voice sounded as the boy rushed to the aid of brother in law. "Hyuckie look at me! MOTHER!!!" The brunette screamed, Donghyuck whimpered, he squeezed his heart, his tucked at his head. As slowly his movements slowed down.

"Someone call Wendy!!! The King is sick!" Taeyong panicked as Jeno and Johnny came in along with Ten. They helped them carry the motionless King onto the bed. Only Taeil came running like the destressed father he was.

Wendy rushed inside, immediately checking the beautiful boys state, she gasped when she was done checking. Sighing she looked up at Taeil then drew in a deep breath to inform the people of the situation their unwanted king was in.

"Donghyuck just experienced a severe stroke, his body has shut down right now. I'll have to keep him under supervision in order to make sure he's well." Wendy whispered softly. Chenle crawled onto bed as he hugged the king as tightly as he can.